While IT deployment and development in Nigeria continues to increase, experiences; and benefits of IT and the Internet have largely not been widespread. The most socially and economically excluded such as women, individuals living with disabilities; MSMEs, young people, the poor, the rural populace as a whole are largely digitally excluded.
In today’s 21st century world, access to the internet, digital devices, and technical skills is however essential for full participation in the society and economy. Despite advances the fact that many are unable to realize their potential in the digital world is a big obstacle to development.
Digital activity has increased but digital impact lags behind. Irrespective of how impressive the goals and level of investment, IT initiatives in the absence of inclusion continue to reinforce inequalities and hinder overall tech enabled development.
Improving inclusion is not an end in itself, but is required most critically at this time to ensure leverage on IT to significantly improve healthcare, poverty reduction, job creation, education, governance and food security.
With a focus on relevance and enabling valued driven impact, the conference will address practical realities and needs, best practices, emerging issues, innovation, stakeholder roles and future sustainability.
Digital inclusion is particularly important as the urgent need to diversify the economy away from dependence on oil and improve economic performance becomes more important. Join NCS in developing and setting the national digital inclusion agenda.
Digital Inclusion: Opportunities, Challenges and Strategies (Digital Inclusion 2018)
- Poverty Eradication and Job Creation in the Rural Digital Economy
- Internet and Broadband for All
- e-agriculture, e-health, e-education for inclusion: Software and Local Content
- Digital Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women
- Tech Startups, SMEs and Youth Entrepreneurship
- E-Voting and Election Management
- New Technologies for Economic Growth and Diversification
- Digital Literacy, Knowledge Culture and Human Capital Development
- Policy and Regulatory Framework
- e-Government, Citizen Engagement and Open Government
- FinTech, e-Commerce and Financial Inclusion
- Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
- Innovative Collaboration and Partnerships
- Cybersecurity: Awareness, Threat Protection and Digital Rights
- Innovation for the Elderly, Internally Displaced Persons and the Vulnerable
Call for Papers:
Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work for publication and presentation at the NCS 27th National Conference – Digital Inclusion 2018.
All submitted papers will be; peer reviewed by highly qualified panel of reviewers. The authors are; requested to submit full paper of their original and unpublished work not later than Friday, February 9, 2018.
Instructions to Authors:
- Authors are invited to submit their full papers in English on original work intended for presentation at the Conference. Paper acceptance will be based on full paper submission
- Papers must have relevance to one or more of the sub-themes listed
- Initial submission must not include the authors’ names and affiliations. However, full details of authors (names, addresses and e-mails) must be; included in the final camera-ready copy
- All papers must be submitted electronically as an attached Microsoft Word document (.doc). Full papers should be mailed directly to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the paper as the subject.
- Where there are; multiple authors, only one can enjoy the 20% discount and at least one author must pre-register to qualify for inclusion of paper in conference proceedings
- Paper acceptance will be; reconfirmed after necessary corrections / modifications by reviewers have been fully carried out
- Only full papers received on schedule will be; considered
- Selected papers may be; considered for publication in International Journals, including the Journal of Computer Science and Its; Applications, published biannually by Nigeria Computer Society
All submitted papers to NCS Conferences must be; previously unpublished and may not be; considered for review or publication somewhere else during the period at which such papers are undergoing NCS review.
Submission of Full Paper – Friday, February 9, 2018
Notification of acceptance – Friday, April 13, 2018
Submission of final version – Friday, May 11, 2018
The National Secretariat: Plot 10, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Behind MKO Abiola Gardens, Central Business District, Alausa, Ikeja – Lagos, Nigeria.
Tel: +234(0)17744600, 08097744600, 09038353783
Taiwo on +234(0)8098647348| email@example.com
Goke on +234(0)8033475299| firstname.lastname@example.org
Abuja Office: Plot 1321, Aderemi Adesoji Street, Cadastral Zone B1, by Hot FM, Gudu District, Abuja.
Sunday on +234(0)7033020271, 09-2907287| email@example.com
Get Jobs On Telegram