Guinness Nigeria Plc is a major market for Diageo: Guinness Nigeria operates in the unique and fast growing alcohol industry of over 15mhl beer potential. It is the only company that does Total Beverage Alcohol (TBA) in Nigeria. It’s an on trade dominated market but with a fast growing off trade channel.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Marketing Manager, APNADs
Location: Lagos HQ
Reports To: Marketing & Innovation Director
Purpose of the Role
- To effectively lead and manage the APNADs (Adult Premium Non Alcoholic Drinks) Brand agenda for Guinness Nigeria
- To design and implement strategies for the APNADs Brand in order to achieve targeted profit, market share and volume objectives in GN.
- Continually identify and quantify new growth opportunities for the APNADs Brand based on consumer insights and trends.
- Lead the long term strategy and annual implementation plan as a growth driver for the brand as well as identifying new opportunities that demonstrate and consolidate leadership of the platform in a way that drives commercial value.
- Be a transformational leader beyond APNADs in helping to drive our total business through the innovation agenda, our targeted shifts in execution standards and commercial accountability, behavioral step change in accountability and ownership as well as how it feels to work at Guinness Nigeria.
- Lead the development of the APNADs brand Category & Portfolio Strategy as well as oversee the individual Strategy & Marketing plans the brand.
- Work with the Portfolio Director Innovation and lagers to develop, coach and motivate the APNADs Marketing team in raising the bar on functional & leadership capabilities, execution and management standards
- Accountable for ensuring a highly motivated and successful Cross functional team is working between Marketing, Sales, CMO, Finance, Supply etc
- Deliver business performance targets for the APNADs brand in all of Turnover, Profit, Market Share & Brand Equity
- Key role in driving the Guinness Nigeria performance ambition with specific accountability for delivery of performance outcomes of strengthening and accelerating premium core.
- Work closely with supply to ensure appropriate cost management and product engineering benefits are captured whilst partnering in the delivery consistent quality beer!
- Lead engagement across marketing, customer marketing and commercial teams to ensure the brilliant execution of an aligned JUBP (Joint Up Business Plan) strategy and GAME Plan meeting targeted business growth and profit ambitions
- Lead the local creative development with accountability for engagement with above market teams where required to ensure they deliver on our in market requirements.
- Work in close collaboration with Innovation and CCP (Consumer Connections and Planning) to identify & quantify new growth opportunities for the brand and commercialize these to grow the category and our share within it.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in Marketing or any other related discipline. Postgraduate qualifications an advantage
- Minimum 7 years’ experience either within an FMCG organization within brand marketing, planning or commercial/customer marketing disciplines.
- Proven at developing simple, compelling strategies and able to make turn complex scenarios into simple strategies
- Excellence in terms of interpersonal skills and ability to brilliantly manage relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong commercial understanding and proven track record of working successfully with Sales teams
- Experience in consumer communication development and evaluation (ATL, & BTL)
- Experienced at managing agencies and partners to build amazing relationships
- Be an expert in the application of brand positioning to drive brand growth with a passion for consumer understanding and great generator of insights.
Application Closing Date
Guinness Graduate Skills Development Scholarship 2017/2018
This scholarship will provide full tuition for Engineering graduates to enroll for the 2017/2018 one year NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme (NGSDP).
This intensive programme equips graduates with the technical skills they need to build successful careers in the Nigerian Power Sector. By offering this scholarship, Guinness Nigeria seeks to play a part in developing Nigeria’s power sector while fostering Youth development across Nigeria.
We welcome applications from candidates from all parts of Nigeria. However in Line with our corporate social responsibilities and commitments to our host communities, we strongly encourage applications from candidates from our host communities listed below:
- Ogba, Ikeja Local Government Area, Lagos State
- Oregbeni, Oregbeni lkpoba-Okha Local Government Area, Edo State
- Egbeluowo, Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area, Abia State
- Odeukwu, Osisioma Ngwa Local Government Area, Abia State
- Candidates must be University/Polytechnic Electrical /Electronic or Mechanical Engineering graduates who have completed their National Youth Service Corps programme.
Application Closing Date
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click Here to Start Application
Note: To submit an online application (Click on the ‘Sign Up as a Trainee’ tab on the home page). Upon receipt of submitted applications, NAPTIN will send details of the selection test to candidates. Candidates from the above communities who have already applied following NAPTIN’s earlier advert need not reapply.
- Shortlisted candidates for this scholarship will be required to write the NAPTIN selection test and provide a letter of introduction from the Chairman of their Community Development Association.
- For more information about the NAPTIN Graduate Skills Development Programme, please visit: www.naptin.gov.ng
- You may also contact: Olalekan Oregbesan (Programme Coordinator); [email protected] ; Mobile number: 07067777559.