If you are reading this post, that means you are looking for how you could get a Canada work visa to go and work in Canada.
Canada is looking for both skilled and unskilled workers to come and fill up labour shortage in their country. With a lot of vacancies left unapplied every year, Canada is looking for people to come and work in their country and earn their permanent residence and even citizenship in the process.
To work in Canada, you need a work permit. While a work permit allows you to work in Canada, it does not guaranty your entry into Canada.
You still need to obtain a temporary resident or work visa to enter Canada.
So, what are the steps to obtain a Canada work visa?
Find a Job:
The first step to obtaining a work visa is to secure a valid work offer from a Canadian employer.
You can search Canada job boards and apply to jobs you are qualified for and if you meet the requirements and possess the relevant skills, then you can easily find a job in Canada while you are still in your country.
The job offer you get in Canada will determine the type of work permit you will get in Canada.
There are two types of work permits, employer-specific work permit that allows you to work for a particular employer and Open work permit that allows you to work for any employer in Canada.
Get a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA):
After you have secured a valid job offer from a Canadian employer, the employer will issue you a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) number which allows you to be able to apply for a work permit and visa to come and work in Canada.
To be able to apply for a work permit in Canada you will need to meet the following requirements.
- prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires
- show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay in Canada and to return home;
- obey the law and have no record of criminal activity (we may ask you to give us a police clearance certificate);
- not be a danger to Canada’s security;
- be in good health and have a medical exam, if needed;
- not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible” on the list of employers who failed to comply with the conditions;
- not plan to work for an employer who, on a regular basis, offers striptease, erotic dance, escort services or erotic massages; and
- give the officer any other documents they ask for to prove you can enter the country.
How to apply
To apply for a work permit in Canada, you will need to ascertain where you are applying from, whether from outside of Canda, Inside of Canada or at the port of entry and most especially the type of worker you are.
You can either apply on paper or online. Click here for see the application to work in Canada.
Fill out the online Canada visa application form. Pay a service fee of $CAD 110 plus an anti-fraud fee of $CAD 5.00. Include a copy of your passport (or other travel document) and a passport photo with this form. Your personal recommendations must come from three people who have known you for no less than two years.
Once your application is complete, you will receive a Canada passport number. Use your Canada Visa number to upload your passport or other travel document (if necessary) to any website run by the Canadian government that requests documentation.
Once you have completed the online application, you will be required to pass a security check. Then you can provide an offer of employment and submit your application package.
Wait for your application to be reviewed, you will receive a decision from IRCC and your LMIA certificate within four weeks and then you can move to Canada to begin your new job.
So, what are you waiting for? Get started now and apply for your Canada work visa to go and work in Canada now.
Get Jobs On Telegram