University of Prince Edward Island
The Faculty of Business (FoB) is seeking an individual to provide a wide variety of administrative support for the FoB’s Dean, Heads of Programs, faculty, and students to help ensure quality and smooth functioning of the FoB. This position is the primary front-line contact for the FoB and the position holder is expected to provide exemplary confidential administrative support to the FoB.
- Assist with the calendars for the FoB administrative team
- Liaise with heads of program, and with internal and external stakeholders in the coordination of meetings
- Prepare and assist with the preparation of correspondence and variety of documents for FoB administrative team and instructors
- Book travel and accommodation, as needed. Prepare travel itinerary and expense claim forms for travel
- Coordinate the issuing of keys to various units, faculty, and staff within the Faculty of Business
- Maintain up to date email, mailing and distribution lists and share information with appropriate personnel. This includes student email lists and directories
- Maintain and update the list of all Faculty of Business committees and membership
- Provide administrative support to all committees within the faculty including organizing meetings, distributing meeting materials, preparing minutes and booking rooms
- Submit work orders to Facilities Management and follow up to ensure tasks are completed
- Book rooms for meetings and other events
- Monitor and respond to emails on the generic email accounts
- Coordinate and maintain documentation for tracking the scheduling of final exams, and scheduling and administering of SOTS
- Update and distribute the course syllabus template and collect and maintain course outlines filing system
- Coordinate catering and assist with planning events for the Faculty of Business (graduation, orientations, course events, Christmas parties, Dean’s Honours and Awards event, retirement events, graduate course events, etc.)
- Assist with the coordination of the tenure and promotion processes for the DRC
- Provide support to hiring committees for candidates, which includes the coordination and organization of visits of potential faculty – booking travel, preparing itineraries, campus tours, public presentations, interview, etc.
- Assist with the preparation of documents for curriculum/calendar changes
- Ensure information pertaining to the academic timetable is updated and correct on UPEI’s platforms
- Coordinate and organize visits of guests and visiting professors for the Faculty of Business
- Maintain and order supplies
- Maintain and arrange maintenance of office equipment
- Maintain electronic and paper administrative filing system
- Monitor website for any updates and/or changes and submit
- Provide students with information regarding course offerings, timetable information or referrals, course outlines, and contact information for instructors
- Assist with the coordination of the Scholarship and Awards process within the Faculty of Business
- Maintain and update the tracking system for all awards available to students in the Faculty of Business
- Assist the Scholarship and Awards committee in preparation of documents for review for the numerous awards
- Ensure students are notified about upcoming awards, opportunities, and events, etc.
- Assist with tracking and advising students on matters relating to academic regulations, such as academic dishonesty, appeals, obtaining a Letter of Permission for transfer, etc.
- Prepare and submit invoices and requisitions for expenditures
- Provide information to staff and faculty regarding university regulations (travel claims, per diem reimbursements, etc.)
- Prepare travel claims for reimbursement
- Follow up to ensure payments are processed
- Collect payments for lockers and other Faculty initiatives and maintain documentation
- Maintain electronic files of all expenditures
- Submit ITSS system access requests for all instructors, follow up and distribute information to instructors
- Maintain separate electronic files for each instructor’s Student Opinion of Teaching Surveys
- Orientate new sessional instructors to the Faculty of Business and UPEI and list on the Faculty of Business website. Liase with the UPEI Teaching & Learning Centre on orientation for instructors
- Assist with photocopying and preparing for exams
- Maintain office supplies
- Ensure all equipment is in working order and maintained
- Assist with the coordination of the annual review process for instructors as outlined. Collect and prepare all documents for the dean’s review, coordinate and schedule the meetings as necessary and prepare correspondence in response to the reviews
- Inform instructors of textbook ordering process, and in some programs, coordinate textbook orders and other course materials through the Bookstore or other vendors
- Submit requests for course/classroom changes through UPEI’s systems
- Initiate and coordinate the hiring of student markers
- Prepare all paperwork and forms for hiring students
- Ensure hours are submitted and approved for each pay period
- Track number of hours each student marker is submitting per course
- Notify the Dean if a course has excessive student marker hours
- Receive and distribute applications for sessional instructor positions
- Grade 12 graduation plus completion of a recognized post-secondary program in a related area is required plus a minimum of two years relevant work experience, preferably in a university environment
- Experience and use of computers with various software programs such as Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, Mail Chimp and internet. Familiarity with the following UPEI specific programs would be an asset: myUPEI, Colleague, 25 Live
- The successful candidate must be able to work independently and take initiative where appropriate
- They must possess excellent communication skills (both written and oral) and be able to function as an effective team member in a busy academic department
- Other traits to be considered include: strong interpersonal skills, good judgment and decision making skills; and adaptability and flexibility in a variety of situations
Please submit electronically a cover letter, quoting the competition number, a resume and reference list to be received no later than the closing date via the link posted on the . Applications will not be accepted via email.
If you are unable to apply online, you can drop off your resume to the Human Resources Department, Kelley Building, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PEI C1A 4P3, Fax Number 902-894-2895.
UPEI is committed to equity, diversity, inclusion, and reconciliation and believes in providing a positive learning and working environment where every person feels empowered to contribute. UPEI is committed to the principle of equity in employment and encourages applications from underrepresented groups including women, Indigenous peoples, visible minorities, persons with disabilities, persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity, and others with the skills and knowledge to productively engage with diverse communities. If you require accommodation in any part of the process, please direct your inquiries, in confidence, to our HR Officer, .
Only those applicants who are invited to an interview will be acknowledged.
To apply for this job please visit www.upei.ca.