Caredove is a health care software platform for connecting patients with home care and community services. We want to bring a consumer-oriented approach where our users love what we build. We have about 18 staff in our team, mostly in Ontario. With our software we have helped over four hundred thousand patients access health care in Canada, from newborns needing health screening, to seniors accessing home care. We have only scratched the surface of what we can do.
The company is based in Orillia Ontario, however, most of us work remotely, most of the time. You can too if that is best for you. You must be eligible to work in Canada.
Caredove’s public API is an important part of the Caredove platform, and driver for future platform growth. Your work will have a major impact on the Caredove product, its customers and co-workers.
This role will focus on the development of the Caredove public API, and develop other related back-end software. Our current published API documentation can be found at .
Our public APIs are based on the , which is the leading edge of Healthcare Interoperability standards. You are, or will become, an expert in this specialized domain of Healthcare APIs.
Furthermore, Caredove’s internal APIs are important for maintaining a modular architecture. You will architect and develop these APIs, as well as develop other supporting back-end application infrastructure. We are a small collaborative team, so contributing to the broader Caredove application development is welcome.
Our public API stack is Java & Node. Our backend stack is Laravel/PHP, Django/Python, PostgreSQL. These are the stacks which this role will focus on.
Also, our frontend stack is REACT. Our infrastructure is AWS. Our development process is based on agile, supported with Jira/Confluence.
The ideal candidate is also interested in participating in the HL7 FHIR global health interoperability community.
In this role, you will:
- Develop the Caredove public API, internal API, and other backend services.
- Work closely with other development team members, and developer relations.
- Lead API development projects from end-to-end as the key person responsible for successful solutions.
- Effectively communicate your API design concepts to stakeholders with thoughtfulness and confidence. This includes interacting with the development team constantly, understanding technical constraints and finding room to create solutions while building an understanding of the code base.
- Ensure API priorities align with Caredove strategic goals.
- Collaborate with integration partners to ensure API implementation success.
- Optimize security, performance, scalability and usability.
- Participate in code reviews.
- Effectively consider the technical implications of design decisions (e.g., coding complexity, performance).
- Be highly proficient in collaborative API design, publishing and testing tools like Postman, OpenAPI, Stoplight, etc…
- Participate in the HL7 FHIR Canadian + global community.
You will be a great fit for this position if you:
- Have a passion for our mission of connecting people with care.
- Are passionate about APIs and the potential that they unlock.
- Have experience creating highly secure and performance APIs from conception to launch and after.
- Are unfazed by ambiguity, often offering solutions that are not immediately evident to others.
- Are a strong collaborator with an ability to work with teammates to scope and solve complex problems.
- Are obsessive about building resources and processes to help people help themselves.
- Have worked on complex projects and products with workflow design challenges.
- Love connecting with the people who use your API.
- Love what you do and are hungry to learn new skills.
- Are highly motivated and conscientious.
- Have excellent communication skills.
Bonus Points for:
- Knowledge of health care or community service sector
- Speaking and writing French
- Familiarity with HL7 FHIR
Why Join Caredove:
We are a small but growing team, and our roles and responsibilities are still a little bit fluid depending on the pressures of the day. We hold each other up, we make tough decisions together, we brainstorm regularly, we value “team” over “ego”, we give and take constructive criticism, we celebrate success, we get it done, we mentor, we wear hoodies AND suits. We avoid report writing, long emails, and using business jargon. We try to live healthy lives.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit caredove.applytojob.com.