Nature's Fare Markets
Regular Store Hours
Mon – Sat8:00am – 8:00pm
Sun9:00am – 7:00pm
Good People, Good Food. Do you love healthy, organic products? Want to work in a fun environment that helps you grow and thrive? Come to work at Nature’s Fare Markets.
ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER – Kelowna, BC
An exciting opportunity to join our dynamic Kelowna team.
People are at the heart of what Nature’s Fare Markets does and with this lens, you will lead the Store Team with your creativity, passion for organic and natural products, and a quality driven leadership style. Alongside the Store Manager you will be responsible for team member hiring, development and administration, as well as ensuring the delivery of superior customer service day-in and day-out. As a part of our senior management team, the Assistant Store Manager must live and model our core values while fostering a positive and collaborative work environment. We believe in people first; that must be your priority too.
- Competitive wage range $60,000 – $66,000 annual salary
- The compensation offered for this position will take into consideration location, education, skills, experience, and other factors
- Comprehensive benefit package (dental, vision, naturopathic practices + more)
- Up to 25% store discount
- Education allowance
- Free swag (products, food, clothing + more)
- Share in some laughs, air high-fives, and fun each day
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
- Communicate, represent, and uphold Nature’s Fare Markets’ Core Values
- Work with the Store Manager to build and sustain a positive work environment of outstanding teamwork, mutual respect, and exceptional morale
- Catching the subtle mannerisms, behaviours, and actions of staff and managing and correcting these with your team by being visible in your store; using your leadership skills to bring out the best in people
- Recognizing and rewarding employees in moments of excellence and providing real time coaching
- Assist in interviewing, hiring, training, developing, and leading staff members in a manner which builds and sustains a high performing team with minimal turnover
- Provide open, consistent, and useful communication to staff regarding storewide & company goals, news, trends, and events
- Be passionate about health and wellness; live the lifestyle
- Providing and promoting customer service standards for a positive shopping experience and customer loyalty
- Assist with influencing and managing the atmosphere and customer experience in your store
- Ensure that every customer experience is outstanding
- Assist with all aspects of store operations and be ready and willing to jump in to help in any department as needed
- Lending a needed hand on cash, grocery, ordering, customer service that is the cornerstone of our leading by example
- Work with your teams to ensure store merchandising is inviting to customers and drives sales
- Challenge the status quo by bringing forward new ideas and promoting an open and safe place for team members to provide feedback and collaborate
- Assist with and support renovations as needed
- Ensuring the store is well merchandised and assisting with building ends/displays to ensure they are maximized
- Observe and determine if policy and procedures are being followed
- Supporting your operations team
- Anticipating department volumes throughout the day, and accordingly direct and relocate staff
- Assume total responsibility for the store in the absence of the store manager
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- 5+ years of experience in a management position
- Experience managing people in a customer service industry is a strong asset
- Post-secondary education in business administration, management, or related field preferred
- Strong technical knowledge using Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience managing budgets and financials
- Demonstrated operational execution skills
- Available for flexible scheduling to meet the needs of the store including mornings, nights, weekends, holidays, and long/unusual hours
- A good sense of humor with the ability to laugh at yourself
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy being a part of many aspects of the business during your day-to-day
- You are values driven. You are passionate about being involved in your community and you want to do the right thing for your team members and your customers
- You lead by example and from a place of caring. This comes from your ability to be self-aware and demonstrate a high level of emotional intelligence.
- You are an advocate for holistic wellness and incorporate wellness strategies into your lifestyle
- You have a passion for providing a lasting and meaningful experience for customers and team members
Put your passion into work that matters with a growing, BC-based company, committed to be a better company for our customers, our employees, and the planet. We’ll surround you with a great team and a supportive learning environment where you can grow and thrive.
Nature’s Fare Markets is an equal opportunity employer and as such we thrive to foster a workplace where individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected.
Apply online today!
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit naturesfaremarkets.applytojob.com.