Our family of 134,000 employees and franchise affiliates share a collective passion for delivering exceptional shopping experiences and amazing food to all our customers. Our mission is to nurture the things that make life better – great experiences, families, communities, and our employees. We are a family nurturing families.
A proudly Canadian company, we started in a small town in Nova Scotia but we are now in communities of all sizes across this great country. With over 1500 stores in all 10 provinces, you may know us as Sobeys, Safeway, IGA, Foodland, FreshCo, Thrifty Foods, Lawtons Drug Stores or another of our great banners but we are all one extended family.
All career opportunities will be open a minimum of 5 business days from the date of posting.
Ready to Make an impact?
Provide customers with friendly and professional service. Fulfill duties for all areas of the Grocery Department. Supervise the Grocery Department and staff in the absence of the Grocery Manager. Actively contribute to an environment of employee and customer engagement.
Here’s where you’ll be focusing:
- Provide customer service to meet customer needs
- Supervise grocery personnel in the absence of the Grocery Manager
- Promote an employee culture of coaching and development
- Complete customer grocery orders
- Prepare grocery orders
- Perform daily grocery preparation
- Merchandise the Grocery Department
- Implement SMART retailing (Atlantic)
- Maintain sanitation standards
- Adhere to, and implement all applicable company standards
- Perform administrative duties as required
What you have to offer:
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Above average oral and written communication skills
- Good work ethic and ability to multi task
- High School Diploma
- Minimum of 12 months of experience
We offer teammates competitive total compensation packages that will vary by role and location. Some websites share our job opportunities and may provide salary estimates without our knowledge. These estimates are based on similar jobs and postings for general comparison, but these numbers are not provided by or monitored for accuracy by our organization. We look forward to discussing the specific compensation details relevant to this role with candidates who are selected to move forward in the recruitment process.
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
We appreciate the interest from the Staffing industry however respectfully request no calls or unsolicited resumes from Agencies.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.sobeyscareers.com.