Steel River Group
Are you organized, optimistic and have a sincere passion for community engagement? Steel River Group Ltd. has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Community Navigator to join our team in Calgary, Alberta.
Steel River Group Ltd. was founded on the principle of collaboration.
The Community Navigator champions, develops, and implements our company values to facilitate fulsome engagement between Steel River Group of Companies and our Indigenous Community Partners. Acting as a bridge between Steel River business units and Indigenous partners, the Community Navigator facilitates meaningful, long-lasting relationships through holistically working with Indigenous communities to create positive social and economic change.
- Communicate and collaborate with First Nations to support projects.
- Help identify, communicate, and support opportunities with First Nations where traditional and cultural knowledge can be incorporated into the program.
- Work directly with First Nations, designated personnel, and/or related parties to achieve key deliverables.
- Work directly with our consulting group to identify potential First Nation’s to work with on projects, including but not limited to; On Reserve infrastructure (Youth Centres, Safe Houses, Emergency Shelters, Housing, Cultural Centres) and Off Reserve projects (Affordable Housing, Energy Projects, Medical Facilities, Gas Stations, etc.).
- Independently manage relationships and track potential partners.
- Mitigate any concerns or conflicts put forward by First Nations that may have any kind of impact.
- Proactively identify, communicate, and monitor any challenges or conflicts that arise throughout the program.
- Maintain continuous communication and feedback with First Nations throughout the execution of projects.
- Maintain engagement activity records with First Nations throughout projects.
- Liaison between the project team, First Nations, industry, contractors, etc.
- Support contractor and subcontractor relations
- Other tasks and duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience working with First Nations required.
Skills and Knowledge
- Ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Comprehensive computer skills, specifically in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Organization, time-management, and multi-tasking skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a growing, dynamic, and changing environment.
- Optimistic/collaborative approach and attitude towards work.
- Strong understanding and commitment to First Nations culture, history, and community development.
- Field-Based position with occasional office work.
- General office environment and project sites.
- Frequent travel to project sites will be required.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit steelrivergroup.applytojob.com.