Why work at Fairmont Waterfront?
- Deeply committed to sustainability and community
- More than 50% of leadership team including c-suite, are women
- Firm believers in diversity – we have colleagues from 60 countries
- Passionate advocates for the LGBTQSIA + community – 365 days of the year, gender inclusive change rooms, only hotel brand to participate in Vancouver Pride Parade, on-going diversity training for all colleagues, hotel level committee and representation
- Industry leading Leadership program and learning program through our Academies
- Great perks – Colleague Travel Discount program, food & beverage discounts, transit reimbursement program for Trans Link monthly passes, subsidized meal during your shift through our colleague dining program, Benefit Plan including medical, dental and vision coverage, Pension Plan, and more!
- One free stay through our Be Our Guest Program, in addition to an Employee discount card that provides up to 50% discounted rate for travel to over 5300 Accor hotels Worldwide
- Full rate of pay of $30.85/hour
Every memorable dining experience at the Fairmont Waterfront begins behind the scenes with our Culinary team’s commitment to exceptional cuisine. As Cook I, the care you devote to all aspects of food preparation will result in the creation of the finest meals. Join Fairmont Waterfront and take part in the sustainable travel revolution at our harbor-front, eco-conscious hotel, which is home to Vancouver’s first green roof and a honey bee apiary!
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
- Prepare and service all food items for a la carte and/or buffet menus according to hotel recipes and standards
- Actively share ideas, opinions and suggestions in daily shift briefings
- Maintain proper rotation of product in all chillers to minimize wastage/spoilage
- Ensure storeroom requisitions are accurate
- Have full knowledge of all menu items, daily features and promotions
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of all work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards
- Follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage
- Previous experience in the Culinary field required
- Journey persons papers or international equivalent an asset
- Diploma/Certification in a Culinary discipline an asset
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving abilities
- Highly responsible & reliable
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
Visa Requirements: Must be legally eligible to work in Canada. The hotel is unable to assist candidates in obtaining Canadian work authorization.
Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: We are an inclusive company and our ambition is to attract, recruit and promote diverse talent.
Why work for Accor?
We are far more than a worldwide leader. We welcome you as you are and you can find a job and brand that matches your personality. We support you to grow and learn every day, making sure that work brings purpose to your life, so that during your journey with us, you can continue to explore Accor’s limitless possibilities.
By joining Accor, every chapter of your story is yours to write and together we can imagine tomorrow’s hospitality. Discover the life that awaits you at Accor, visit
Do what you love, care for the world, dare to challenge the status quo! #BELIMITLESS
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.