Sweat and Tonic
Sweat and Tonic (S&T) is Toronto’s innovative wellness and lifestyle hub. In our historic 3-storey facility, you’ll find the widest collection of world-class boutique fitness and wellness in one state-of-the-art experience. Expert instructors design and lead up to 205 classes weekly. Premium café, spa and bar offerings recharge, recover and reignite. Creative lounge spaces support our social community and inspire collaboration and innovation.
With a new 25,000 sq ft location opening at The Well in Toronto in 2023, our team and offerings are continuing to grow. This is an opportunity to join the team at a pivotal time to put a mark on one of the fast growing areas of our business.
About the Role
We are seeking a driven and dedicated Corporate Sales & Private Events Manager who is passionate about growing a business, networking, nurturing client relationships and planning and hosting a large variety of unique events.
The Corporate Sales and Events Manager will drive revenue from corporate partnerships and private events hosted at Sweat and Tonic. Major revenue streams include the corporate membership program, private and semi-private class bookings, brand partnerships, Tonic House private and semi-private rentals ranging from corporate “off-site” days and conferences, brand activations, birthday parties and weddings. You will also use your expertise to plan and execute internal company events including our annual “summer social” and end of year “gala”.
You will work closely with the Operations Manager and Marketing Manager to develop sales strategies, drive revenue, track performance, and build long-lasting relationships within the community. Your overall goal is to increase sales for corporate partners, brand partners, and on-site events.
The Corporate Sales and Events Manager is responsible for the department at S&T’s two Toronto locations.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Develop a corporate membership program, engage in business development to prospect leads and book on-site meetings to sign corporate partners onto the program.
- Develop systems to administer the corporate membership program, tracking employee memberships to produce accurate billing for corporate clients every month.
- Be the primary point of contact for corporate partners, brand partners, and event customers for organic leads.
- Perform outreach for corporate partners, brand partners, and event customers to grow revenue streams.
- Develop and execute sales strategy to increase revenue from corporate clients, brand partners, and private events. Collaborate with the rest of the management team on strategies to drive overall sales and events.
- Find four brand partners a year to sponsor S&T “challenge” months which happen once per quarter.
- Produce weekly and monthly reports with department KPIs and be able to report and respond to successes and opportunities.
- Liaise with event clients from beginning to end ensure one point of contact for clear communication.
- Find opportunities to add value to client events for the mutual benefit of S&T and the client.
- Prepare and track proposals for clients and maintain organized records.
- Be the on-site event planner and point of contact for corporate and private events.
- Work cross-functionally with operations and food and beverage teams to ensure events and partnerships are executed at the highest level.
- Ensure facilities at both locations are optimized for successful client events.
- Work with marketing to optimize external communications, advertising and customer journey.
- Work with marketing to ensure client expectations are met or exceeded in brand partnerships where marketing assets have been purchased.
- Build relationships with key brands, customers and corporate teams to ensure client satisfaction and engage key clients long-term for repeat opportunities.
- Develop and manage relationships with service providers such as caterers, DJs, and event rental companies.
- Coordinate seamless delivery and pickup of equipment, catering and brand assets from facilities where necessary.
- Attain customer feedback to track overall satisfaction and improve processes.
- Monitor pricing strategy and suggest changes when appropriate.
- Must have 3+ years of professional experience in sales, business, or related field
- Must have event planning experience
- Must have interest in fitness, health and wellness
- College or university degree in business or related field is preferred
- Interest in luxury brands is preferred
- Hospitality experience is preferred
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills
- An analytical approach and the ability to use quantitative data in decision making
- Customer service oriented – passionate about problem solving
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work primarily from S&T
- Flexibility to work early mornings, evenings and weekends when required for events. Able to manage time responsibly to avoid overworking
Compensation and Benefits:
- Base salary $60k – $70k dependent on experience.
- Commission opportunities on corporate membership program, private events and brand partnerships. Total compensation targeted at $100k.
- Extended health benefits
- S&T All-Inclusive Unlimited Membership
- Branded S&T x Lululemon clothing allowance
- Employee discounts
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment:
We are an equal opportunity employer. In addition, we are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with all legislative requirements throughout Canada. Please let us know if you require an accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.
To apply for this job please visit sweatandtonic.talentnest.com.