Atlin, BC We are Hiring for on call positions
WORK WITH US, NOT FOR US – Join the Commissionaires BC as a Detention Cell Guard . As the only not-for-profit security company, our focus is on our employees. The rate of pay for this site is $22.00 per hour)
A Great Opportunity if you are:
- Wanting to add additional income to your household.
- Gain experience if you are working towards a career in law enforcement or criminal justice.
- Flexible hours – maximize your work-life balance
One of Canada’s oldest security organizations, our detention guards work with police departments and municipalities to help in keeping Canadians safe. Reach your full potential today!
Location: 100 Mile House RCMP Detachment
Shift Times: On-Call: Days, Evenings and Overnights
Position Summary: Under the direction of the RCMP Member responsible for Cell Block Operations, the Detention Guard is primarily responsible to monitor the safety and well-being of persons in custody and perform other duties as required.
Duties And Responsibilities:
- Observe and check prisoners frequently and irregularly, this may include the use of Closed- Circuit Television (CCTV).
- Assist RCMP member(s) when required to search prisoners (training provided) Note: Physical handling of prisoners is not a job requirement for Detention Guards; any movement of prisoners will be conducted by the RCMP.
- Organize meals, record prisoner activity, and maintain a prisoner activity logbook.
- Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of cells when vacated or arrange janitor assistance.
- Record and report any damages or repairs to cells. C
- onduct search of cells prior to occupation and when cells are vacated.
- Maintain cellblock security by ensuring cell doors are locked at all times.
- Ensure cellblock keys are tagged and stored safely.
- Ensure all personal effects removed from prisoners are properly secured.
- Monitor fire safety and be fully conversant with fire orders.
- Handle and dispense laundry items.
- Under the supervision of the RCMP Officer, dispense approved prescription medications to persons in custody.
- As per the RCMP Unit Supplemental Orders, monitoring prisoners to have or suspected of having suicidal tendencies.
- Perform other duties particular to that detachment as laid out in the Unit Supplemental Orders.
Qualifications – Knowledge, Skills And Abilities:
- Must be 21 years and older.
- Valid Occupational First Aid level 1 (St John’s Ambulance OFA1 or equivalent) or willingness to complete the course prior to being hired. Once hired, Commissionaires will maintain your certification.
- Able to obtain RCMP Reliability and Public Works Reliability Clearance (RCMP Clearance can take 4 – 6 months to obtain).
- Demonstrated ability to read, write and speak in English. V
- Vision: Visual standards are RCMP-V4 (eyeglasses permitted).
- Able to bend at the waist and climb stairs without restrictions or the use of assistive devices.
- Mobility Standards: Able to use both hands, occasionally manipulate/lift up to 20 kilograms, bend at the waist and climb stairs without restrictions or the use of assistance devices.
- Basic level computer skills.
- Ability to remain in control under trying conditions.
- Ability to be discrete.
- Work effectively with other people.
- Willingness to undergo detention guard training as required, including Workplace Hazardous Material Information System (WHMIS) training and refresher on a semi-annual basis.
- Ability to work independently.
- Conscientious, enthusiastic, and reliable.
REWARDS AND PERKS:
- Free and paid training programs.
- Flexible work schedule – maximize your work-life balance!
- Recognition programs.
- Free uniform.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit commissionairesbc.applytojob.com.