Town of Tillsonburg
Town of Tillsonburg is looking for an experienced Development Technician to join our busy Building & By-Law Services team. The successful applicant will be responsible for the efficient operation of the Customer Service area for Building, Planning and By-Law Services. They will also provide technical and administrative support for the department.
This is a full-time position with comprehensive benefits package and OMERS pension.
The hourly rate for this position is 31.61 – 37.00 depending on experience.
- Main external contact for counter (general public) inquiries regarding building and development information.
- Provide technical information as required.
- Advise applicants accordingly with regard to submitted building applications.
- Responsible for interpreting and consistently applying the Town’s policies and Zoning by-laws in the processing of building permit and planning applications for compliance with the Town’s zoning by-laws.
- Provide administrative functions for the Building/By-Law staff, including, scheduling appointments, log/track inquiries and complaints, file management, lawyer requests/certificates, etc.
- Responsible for the administration and tracking of all departmental permit applications.
- Prepare and submits departmental regulatory statistics and reports, not limited to Stats Canada, MPAC, Tarion, etc.
- Advise the public and internal staff concerning any zoning and licensing information requests.
- Prepare permitted use letters by researching and providing written confirmation of compliance of property land use.
- Track costs associated with various files, and invoices applicants in accordance with the Town’s fees by-law.
- Prepare, retain, retrieve, and maintain date and records in a clear and concise manner.
- Assist with budget projections by providing statistical information.
- Check building permit applications for compliance with Building and Zoning By- laws and applicable legislation to ensure that plans are submitted in an acceptable form.
- Manage circulations and comments on licensing applications.
- Review sign permit applications made pursuant to the Town’s Sign By-Law.
- Acts as Secretary to the Property Standards Committee.
- Participate in the review and development of customer service information materials.
- Assignment and tracking of municipal street naming and civic addressing.
- Provide administrative assistance to Development Coordinating Committee.
- Provide administrative assistance to Façade Improvement Committee.
- Complete title searches for department.
- Aware of safe work practices relating to job responsibilities and have basic understanding of the Occupational Health & Safety Act as it relates to the work environment.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures for the Town.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Two (2) year diploma in Architecture, Architectural and/or Building Technology, Legal Administration or a related discipline.
- Two (2) years’ experience in a professional office administration, legal clerk, planning and/or design, construction, and/or regulatory environment.
- Experience within a municipal building and/or planning department an asset.
- Experience in professional interaction with the general public.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and interpret working drawings, legal documents, Provincial Acts, and By-Laws.
- Knowledge of the Planning Act.
- Basic knowledge of the Ontario Building Code, with Particular emphasis on the Building Code Act, and Part 1 of Division A and Part 1 of Division C.
- Proficient in Microsoft programs and the ability to learn new software applications.
The Town will accommodate any individual needs you have throughout the recruitment process, In accordance with the . contact us if you require accommodation to ensure your equal participation in the recruitment and selection process.
We thank all those who apply for positions, but only those applicants who are invited for an interview will be contacted.
The Town of Tillsonburg is an equal opportunity employer and all information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit townoftillsonburg.applytojob.com.