Why Join Norsat International Inc.?
We have an innovative and outstanding team of industry professionals who drive our ongoing success at Norsat International Inc. We strive to offer a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment that helps our employees expand their careers and reach their highest potential.
As a Documentation Engineer, you will maintain the Engineering Services Infrastructure in support of proprietary product, including engineering standards, processes, procedures, and tools with respect to engineering information and CAD services. You must be able to balance multiple projects and have the ability to work independently or as part of a larger team.
What You’ll Do:
- Entering manufacturing parts data related to the procurement and manufacture of product (OEM and Build to Print).
- Maintenance of engineering documentation (all forms of Change Orders).
- Ensure the Product Lifecycle Management system where the controlled (softcopy) documentation for company product design data is vaulted.
- Become in-house specialist on all aspects of Product Data within the company, including specializing in the use, and maintenance of the Product Data infrastructure, including, but not limited to, the PLM software and the ERP software (Microsoft Navision) and the data-handling between them.
- Documentation control within the PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) system, control the quality of documentation by following the best practice of change management/configuration management.
- Improve data quality through developing, maintaining, and enforcing data standards, processes, and procedures. Ensure accurate traceability of product data and change history.
- Review submitted data against documentation standards and follow up with data creators/owners on any issues till resolution.
- Ensure appropriate approvals have been obtained before the release of changes; prioritize and ensure changes are released in the correct sequential order.
- Ensure released data are exported into the ERP (Enterprise Resources Planning) system correctly, trouble shoot any issues till resolution.
- Host weekly meetings related to change planning and management, prepare meeting agenda and record action items.
- System administration tasks, including but not limited to, user account and access management, set up automated workflows within the system, run reports, train and support users.
- Enter data into PLM system as needed.
- Create and update technical documents.
- Maintain documentation of engineering products, all forms of change orders, and departmental documentation in support of quality management (ISO 9001).
What You’ll Bring:
- B.A.Sc. in Engineering field.
- 1 year experience in a technical field (Manufacturing, Engineering or Science) is an asset.
- Some experience in document control and engineering change management is an asset.
- Some experience in business-oriented environments, preferably in engineering/manufacturing.
- Sound knowledge of configuration management practices. CMII or other Configuration Management related certification is an asset.
- Proficient with Microsoft applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access, Outlook).
- Basic background in ERP/PDM/PLM software tools.
- Good knowledge in engineering practices, utilizing standard engineering software for Microsoft Windows (Solidworks, AutoCAD, Altium Designer).
- Detail oriented and good communication skills.
- Strong team player, enthusiastic, energetic, and positive working attitude.
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation days;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 100% paid by employer comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, life & more (coverage varies);
- 4% RRSP matching;
- Up to an annual maximum of $2,000 per year professional development fund for designations and accreditations;
- 100% reimbursed for job-related training;
- On-going training available;
- Flexible hours of work based on position;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Employee Award Program;
- Plenty of on-site and street parking & a bus stop right in front of the office (bus 405, 410, 416);
- Leisure areas in the office, employees are encouraged to have some fun! (i.e., ping pong table, foosball, Wii, tabletop games, card games);
- Employee events & initiatives: company BBQs, field trips, annual summer event, free snacks events, lunchroom has free flow of coffees & teas.
Please note that benefits may vary by location and employment status.
Applicants must hold either a Canadian citizenship, Canadian Permanent Residency, or Work/ Study Permit. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for work authorization.
Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio, and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable satellite components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Director of Operation
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary Range: 38,000 – 48,000 CAD annually
The Company values a diverse workplace where equal employment opportunities are available and commits to practicing a fair recruitment and hiring process in which all candidates are considered on the basis of their skills, abilities, and fit with the Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability.
More information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations, are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters please.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit norsatinternationalinc.applytojob.com.