Educational Technology Supervisor
Full Time, One year contract with the possibility of extension
Autism Ontario is a charitable organization with a history of over 50 years representing the thousands of people on the autism spectrum and their families across Ontario. Made up of knowledgeable parents, professionals, and autistic self-advocates who can speak to the key issues that impact autistic individuals and their families, Autism Ontario is the province’s leading source of information and referral on autism, and one of the largest collective voices representing the autism community. Members are connected through a volunteer network of seven regions throughout the Province of Ontario. Our mission is to create a supportive and inclusive Ontario for autism and we value collaboration, respect, accountability and being evidence informed.
Title: Educational Technology Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Educational Content
Location: Primarily remote, occasionally working at our main office (1179 King St W, Toronto, ON, M6K 3C5) or a regional office as needed
Hours: 37.5hrs per week (1.0 FTE)
Annual Salary: $80,000 – $85,000
Duration: One year contract with the possibility of extension
Reporting to the Director of Educational Content, the Educational Technology Supervisor, will play a pivotal role in the successful implementation and management of Autism Ontario’s new Learning Management System (LMS). The Educational Technology Supervisor will be responsible for the administration, maintenance, and optimization of the LMS while also overseeing the creation of engaging and effective online courses. This role will contribute to the professional growth and development of various stakeholders and ensure that our courses align to our educational objectives.
- Lead the implementation of and configuration of the new Learning Management System (LMS)
- Utilize instructional design principles to create courses that meet the Autism Ontario’s learning objectives
- Design and develop engaging online courses and training materials
- Ensure course content reflects industry best practices and the evolving needs of the organization at all times
- Determine how content is built and establish infrastructure of content to make it accessible to users
- Ensure courses are accessible and user-friendly for all users in order to optimize their learning experience
- Keep the LMS up-to-date with system upgrades and enhancements to ensure the system is operating at its best capacity
- Maintain the LMS to ensure it runs smoothly and efficiently
- Analyze user data to measure LMS effectiveness
- Provide user support and guidance to employees and learners using the LMS
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Adult Education, Learning and Development, Technical Education, or a related field
- 3 years of experience in Learning Management System (LMS) administration, e-learning development, and technical support
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Project management experience is an asset
- Strong understanding and knowledge of the specific tasks required in administration of an LMS
- Knowledge of digital accessibility standards and best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to present technical issues to a non-technical audience
- Knowledge of MS Office suite, Sharepoint and proficiency in web content management
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong collaboration skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to maintaining high quality content
- Demonstrated commitment to principles of social justice, neurodiversity, equity, inclusion, anti-racism, anti-Black racism, anti-ableism.
- French language is an asset
Autism Ontario offers a great work-life balance, a competitive benefits package and RRSP contributions. Some of the perks of joining our team include:
- Flex Hours
- Hybrid working model
- Semi-casual dress code
- 3 weeks vacation, plus years of service days
- 10 paid personal days
- Competitive Benefits Package (including Health, Dental, Vision and more)
- RRSP Contributions
- Professional development opportunities
- A workplace culture that promotes both a collaborative and independent work environment
- You’ll be joining a team of passionate individuals who are looking to make a difference
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume by Friday, November 17th 2023. We thank everyone for their interest in this position; however, only those candidates invited to interview with us will be contacted.
Autism Ontario is an equal opportunity employer committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization, and actively encourages individuals on the autism spectrum and from all equity deserving groups to apply. We welcome qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status or any other legally protected factors.
Autism Ontario is committed to providing a barrier-free work environment in concert with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. As such, Autism Ontario will make accommodations available to applicants with disabilities upon request during the hiring process.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit autismontario.applytojob.com.