William Osler Health System
One of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto’s Top Employers for many consecutive years, William Osler Health System (Osler) provides a safe and supportive health care network to grow your career. Osler is nationally recognized for its commitment to patient safety and is Accredited with Exemplary Standing, the highest rating a Canadian hospital can receive. As a major Ontario hospital system, and home to some of the biggest specialty and emergency departments in the country, Osler serves the 1.3 million residents of Brampton, Etobicoke and surrounding communities. We are proud to offer you incredible exposure to best-in-class health care delivery and challenging hands-on opportunities to stay at the top of your game.
A hospital system built for and by the community, we continue to expand our services to meet the needs of a growing population, creating opportunities for increased hands-on skills development, cross-department training and promotional opportunities. Guided by our accomplished senior leadership team, together we are driving our vision of patient-inspired health care without boundaries.
At Osler, we invest in careers that go beyond where health care professionals like you can achieve their goals and find deep personal and professional fulfillment. Join our team today!
The Specialist, Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, will provide support to the Senior Lead, Strategic Advisor and Equity, Diversity and Inclusion, in meeting the goals, objectives and deliverables of Osler’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) work and portfolio.
The Specialist will act as a subject matter expert on EDI related topics and provide support to staff, leaders, learners and volunteers as needed (e.g. facilitating workshops, creating content, organizing meeting, planning events, connecting to resources and data).
- Delivering EDI workshop content as needed for staff, leaders, departments and physicians at various forums (i.e. management information network)
- Conducting research and analysis on trends and EDI practices in health care settings
- Co-developing tools and resources from an EDI lens
- Act as a subject matter expert on EDI related topics to departments and programs in addressing EDI issues and implementing best practices based on evidence
- Supporting the employee resource groups and Senior Lead, e.g. scheduling and coordinating meetings, connecting to evidence, emerging research and resources, prepare content for speaking notes, briefs, presentations and workshops
- Coordinating EDI events and projects
- Identifying staff, leaders and teams and departments for collaboration and to provide support
- Bachelor’s degree or college diploma in social work, equity studies, health studies, a related degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered
- Project Management Professional certification preferred
- Equity, Diversity and Inclusion certificate preferred
- Minimum two years of experience working in/with EDI and diverse communities/marginalized populations is strongly preferred
- Experience in the health sector, knowledge of barriers to health care and health inequities/disparities for racialized and marginalized populations
- Experience working in social services or community
- Experience facilitating workshops on EDI related topics to diverse audiences
- Experience creating content and developing EDI resource material
- Experience in researching topics and trends related to EDI
- Experience and qualifications in senior coordination and/or project management preferred
- Experience in event planning
- Significant training and experience in equity, diversity, inclusion preferred
- Significant training and experience in project management
- Significant training and experience in data collection, analysis, and research (health equity)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent knowledge of EDI principles, concepts, and sensitivities in relation to health equity/high risk populations
- Experience with analysis, research and interpretation of data related to inequities and disparities in health care an advantage
- Knowledge of consultation, client service and relationship management (clinical and non-clinical)
- Experience with preparing and delivering presentations
- Computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office tools including Teams, PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to adjust priorities to support the work of the Senior Lead and partners as needed
- Meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Must demonstrate Osler’s Values of Respect, Excellence, Service, Compassion, Innovation and Collaboration
Hours: Currently days (subject to change in accordance with operational requirements)
Hybrid: Roles that function remotely, but require essential, regular onsite weekly work.
Application deadline: December 1, 2023
Osler values inclusivity and diversity in the workplace. We welcome and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require an accommodation at any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at .
While we thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.