Rural Municipalities of Alberta
Facility Operator II – Casual (Custodial)
Town of Morinville, Morinville, Alberta
The Town of Morinville is a growing community on the doorstep of Metro Edmonton. Developed on a foundation of rich heritage and culture spanning 100+ years, it offers an excellent quality of life with convenient access to all nearby big city amenities while retaining the characteristics of a vibrant and flourishing centre for the surrounding rural community.
The Town of Morinville is currently seeking service-oriented individuals to join our casual pool of Facility Operator II positions with the Community Services Department. Reporting to the Team Lead, Facilities, the Facility Operator II will be involved in the day-to-day operation, maintenance, and custodial duties of Morinville owned facilities. Although support may be occasionally required in other Town facilities, work will primarily occur in the Morinville Leisure Centre.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Operate municipal equipment, such as Zamboni, snow blower/sweeper, lift, hand tools and sundry equipment, and perform assigned work in a safe and responsible manner.
- Apply equipment specific operation skills, techniques, and procedures in the performance of assigned maintenance activities on Town owned facilities.
- Perform cleaning, daily maintenance checks, and weekly servicing of all equipment operated to ensure equipment is maintained as outlined in the work procedures. Wash and clean equipment as required and report any malfunctions and/or repairs required to the Team Lead, Facilities.
- Completing minor building repairs including wall patching, painting, replacing bulbs, ceiling tiles, etc.
- Opening and closing the facilities checking all exit doors, doing a complete visual inspection of the facilities after opening and before closing the facilities.
- Setting up and turn-over of events and programs following specific design and layouts as a provided during demanding timelines.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and report recommendation to order.
- Assist patrons in use of equipment that is approved for use and assisting guests/clients of the facilities with any questions or concerns in a prompt and courteous manner.
- May be assigned other duties within the Community & Infrastructure Services Division.
- High School Diploma (equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered).
- A valid Class 5 Alberta Operator’s License is required.
- Arena Level 1 Certification (or ability to obtain).
- First Aid/CPR and WHIMS certification (or ability to obtain).
- Related experience in operation of equipment in facility maintenance.
- Physical ability and dexterity to perform a variety of manual tasks (lifting, squatting, bending, twisting, and climbing). Work may be performed with exposure to outdoor elements.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, with the ability to deal courteously and effectively with the public, internal & external customers.
- The successful candidate is required to provide a satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Driver’s Abstract.
To apply for this job please visit rmalberta.com.