Requisition ID: 184940
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Posted pursuant to Scotiabank’s Special Program under the Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Rights Act.
While you must be an Indigenous person in order to submit your resume, participation is completely voluntary. Please use the definition below to make sure you’re eligible and open to self-identifying as Indigenous person:
Indigenous Peoples include First Nation, Métis and Inuit People. Only Indigenous Peoples who come from Canada should identify themselves as belonging to this designated group
What your role will be…
At Scotiabank we help employees build their futures – where they can be themselves, and win together. With a commitment to diversity and inclusion and a performance-oriented culture that includes coaching, learning, and development – there are endless possibilities. At Scotiabank – you can make an impact.
What you’ll be doing…
- Champion a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge
- Be a relationship manager for assigned vendor relationships that support Retail Banking objectives. Includes regular liaison with vendors, internal business and corporate functions to maximize vendor relationships to meet strategic objectives
- Manage and ensure adherence against Scotiabank Third Party Risk Management policy and procedures ensuring all due diligence requirements are met for assigned vendors
- Manage all aspects of the vendor relationship which includes vendor onboarding/ offboarding, regular contract lifecycle management, project management, issue and SLA management
- Ensure appropriate financial oversight for assigned vendors that includes forecasting, actual reporting, trend analysis, financial opportunity sizing to support business case development
- Effectively prioritize multiple initiatives and work with business stakeholders and/ or external partners to drive structural cost transformation initiatives or identify opportunities for innovation to improve customer experience or processes
- Understand how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Actively pursue effective and efficient operations of the respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank’s Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk
- Champion a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment
What you need to succeed…
- Post-secondary degree in Finance, Economics or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in Vendor Management and Third Party Risk Management is ideal
- Ability to manage competing priorities and project simultaneously
- Understanding of financial management, analysis and business case development
- Understanding of Third-Party Risk Management policies and procedures
- Relationship management skills and ongoing liaison with Corporate Control functions and Vendors
What we’re offering…
- The opportunity to join our diverse and inclusive organization and connect with other First Nations, Inuit, and Metis Scotiabankers and their allies when joining our Indigenous Employee Resource Group.
- A competitive compensation and benefits package which include:
o $10,000 annually dedicated to your well being
o Traditional Indigenous Practices Leave
o Indigenous Employee Mentoring Program
- An organization committed to making a difference in our communities
- You can expect to be recognized and rewarded for high-performance. You’ll be supported by leadership through meaningful development conversations that enable faster advancement and internal training to support your growth and development
- You’ll receive clear, transparent criteria to progress in your career (Use this line only if applicable like in retail branch roles they are)
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: “for every future”, we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.scotiabank.com.