Oak + Fort
We are currently hiring for an Graphic Designer to join our Creative team.
OAK + FORT is a fashion and lifestyle brand that provides attainable luxuries consisting of modern essentials in full collections of womenswear, menswear, accessories, jewelry, beauty, and homeware. We are a female-founded and led business that is brought together by a passionate group of people with a natural bond over an aesthetic vision that radiates throughout our collections. From our first studio that opened in 2010 in Vancouver, BC, we now have 40+ locations across North America with a global e-commerce presence.
At the heart and core of it all, it’s our people that matter most. We offer a work ethos that is driven by endless passion, intellectual curiosity, and perennial creativity. Here you get the opportunity to influence our global strategy and growth, while working alongside incredibly talented people.
As the Graphic Designer, you will have the unique responsibility of developing our newest sister brand Modu. You will also work cross-departmentally to support our Creative and Marketing main brand OAK + FORT teams to create design solutions for a variety of applications. This is a unique opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the fashion and retail industries at large.
What you’re responsible for:
- Deliver high quality and on brand graphics and images for website, including editing photos for online/promotional usage and any other area the business requires.
- Create wireframes, mockups, and prototypes to illustrate design concepts and user flows.
- Work closely with external UX/UI designers, developers, and product managers to implement design solutions.
- Ensure the required graphical requirements are in place for seasonal collections.
- Ensure the required graphical/technical requirements are in place for imagery (including photography), with proper image optimization.
- Produce graphics on brand for print, signage, packaging, e-newsletters, social content, presentations, and other applications when needed.
- Design focused content that will propel the success of the business.
- Produce graphic designs and maintain brand assets for Marketing campaigns.
- Collaborate with Social team + videographer to generate trend focused graphic contents that applies to new leading platforms for the success of business —TikTok, Instagram, etc.
- Stay informed of current and changing trends in fashion and design.
- Maintain positive working relationships with external resources (printers, sign makers, etc.)
- Assist with special events when required; Maximize sales and support within store promotions and events.
- Work closely with the Project Manager to ensure target deadlines are maintained.
- Collaborate and support on projects with the Creative Team studio members when required.
- Perform other projects as assigned.
ECOMMERCE OPERATIONS + PHOTO RETOUCHING:
- Learn and gain a great understanding of Shopify and how we can optimize the site.
- Upload products to the website with all details required including photos, text, sizes, descriptions etc
- Learn and gain a great understanding of newsletter platform Klayvio to create streamlined communication to customers through newsletters
- Come up with creative ways to increase sales online
- Competitive analysis of other retailers.
- Work with E-com Director to ensure all deliverables are completed within a timely deadline.
- Help pack orders for customers and influencers as needed
- Edit on model and off model garment photography
- Collaborate with the Creative team and E-Commerce team to deliver consistent, high quality and on brand product imagery;
- Research and present new creative concepts and ideas for photography;
- Apply direction from Lead Photographer and Creative / Art Director in lighting techniques, retouching, and mood board.
- Optimize the organization of assets for use across departments.
- Other duties may be assigned
What we’re looking for:
- Completion of post-secondary education in graphic design, visual arts, or a related field.
- Proven experience as a graphic designer, either through a portfolio or previous work examples. 1-3 years of experience.
- Proficient in graphic design software such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Figma a plus).
- Knowledge of other design tools and software may be beneficial.
- Understanding of typography, color theory, and composition.
- Ability to articulate and present design ideas.
- Strong attention to detail and a keen eye for aesthetics.
- Ability to ensure accuracy in design elements.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines.
- Efficient time management skills.
- Capacity to solve design problems creatively and adapt to changing requirements.
- Willingness to receive feedback and make revisions as necessary.
- A strong portfolio showcasing a range of design projects and styles.
- Demonstrated ability to work on various types of design projects.
- Experience in both print and digital design, including web design and social media graphics.
- Understanding of branding principles and the ability to maintain consistency across various materials.
- Knowledge of user experience (UX) and user interface (UI) design an asset.
- Knowledge of designing for Shopify platform an asset.
Why you’ll love it here:
- An opportunity be a part of our growth journey
- Ability to expand your skills set and work on high impact projects
- Work amongst an exceptionally talented team
- Extremely generous Employee Discount
- Corporate bonus program
- Extended Health and Dental Benefits
- 3 Weeks’ vacation starting and Summer Fridays (1/2 days)
- Hybrid work model (schedules vary by team/function)
- Dog friendly office
- Company-wide socials + events
- ABOVE + BEYOND We strive for something greater than ourselves.
- SELF STARTER Entrepreneurship is the mindset that leads to endless curiosity and continuous improvement.
- UNIQUELY YOU We practice acceptance through open-mindedness and personal responsibility.
- CHANGE DRIVER We embrace change and never fear what’s next.
- PEOPLE POWERED At the core of our brand we are powered by each other.
Our Hiring Process:
We strive to provide an outstanding experience to every individual who shows interest in our organization. Our goal is to ensure that you receive clear communication, regular updates and have a dedicated recruiter to support your hiring journey with us. We believe that every candidate journey should be unique, and that honesty, integrity and transparency is carried throughout.
Once you’ve submitted your application, here is what you can expect:
- A response confirming that we have received your application.
- Your application will be reviewed by our recruitment team.
- Only candidates that are selected for an interview will be contacted directly by a recruiter.
- Your first connection is a 30-minute phone interview with a recruiter.
- You can expect potentially two additional interviews with the hiring team.
- We will request references before moving to a final offer.
OAK + FORT is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to providing a respectful, diverse, and unique approach to hiring individuals in the communities in which we operate – allowing each person to be their authentic selves. Our hiring commitment applies to all candidates and employees regardless of race, ethnicity, citizenship, creed, place of origin, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, family status, marital status, disability, age, and any other protected characteristic.
Requests for accommodation due to any disability or any other protected characteristic can be made at any stage of the recruitment process and during employment by contacting our People & Culture team.
Salary Range: $39,000 -$52,000
Employee pay will vary based on factors such as qualifications, experience, skill level, competencies and work location. We will meet minimum wage or minimum of the pay range (whichever is higher) based on provincial or federal requirements.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit oakfort.applytojob.com.