Full-time, Bargaining Unit
Internal Rate B7: $35,238.00
External Rate B8: $34,533.24
November 23rd by 11:59 pm
Program Overview – Child Care & Family Services, Riverdale
The Child Care & Family Services Program Statement goals and approaches will be implemented using the Early Learning Framework to document and support each child through play-based emergent curriculum and inquiry-based learning opportunities. The childcare programs are designed to encourage and help children grow and develop to maximize their potential within a group setting. We focus on providing an anti-bias curriculum, working to promote each child’s positive self-identity, sense of community, and critical thinking skills.
This position provides quality childcare services to children under care and their families through the Unit’s Program Statement, policies and procedures, and all applicable legislation while promoting a balanced and equal partnership between parents and staff.
What You Will Do
- Assist in supervising children as assigned and ensure the safety, health and well-being of the children under care.
- Ensure that childcare areas are disinfected regularly. This includes tables, chairs, cupboards, countertops, cubbies, etc.
- Ensure that kitchen areas are disinfected regularly. This includes cupboards, countertops, stove tops, coolers, etc.
- wipe tables and chairs before meals/snacks, set tables, clear and disinfect tables following meals/snacks, and assist in serving meals/snacks as required.
- Clean dishes, toys, and laundry according to schedule and in emergencies.
- Prepare/handle food hygienically and ensure that all food is kept at appropriate temperatures until it is served.
- Work in cooperation with staff to maintain high standards of operation.
- Participate in supervisory sessions and attend staff and unit meetings as required.
- Responsible for the upkeep of equipment/furnishings; inform the Manager if replenishment is necessary, and assess equipment needs/make recommendations regarding purchases.
- Responsible for keeping track of kitchen/laundry supplies; inform Manager when replenishment is necessary.
- Upgrade training and education as directed to fulfil the job’s responsibilities.
- Ensure the organization’s anti-racism objectives and community development principles are achieved within the program.
- Abide by the Child Care and Family Services Unit, WoodGreen policies, and other regulations as stated in the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014 and the City of Toronto’s AQI (Assessment for Quality Improvement) criteria document. This includes Behaviour Management/Child Guidance Policies.
What You Bring to the Team
- High school diploma.
- Valid Food Handlers Certificate.
- Valid Standard First Aid/CPR-C.
What Will Set You Apart
- Maintain positive interactions with children and work cooperatively with others.
- Assist in the handling of emergencies, crises, and hostile behaviour.
- Maintain control in frustrating situations.
- Use initiative daily to respond promptly to children’s needs and changing situations. Routines/guidelines are established, and the manager or ECE staff is always available.
- Accommodate competing demands.
- Ability to carry/lift children and carry/lift/move moderate-to-heavy items
- Communicate orally with children, parents, and staff.
- Maintain confidentiality of all children, parents, and staff information.
- Ability to stand for extended periods; to work at the height of children.
- Willingness to work in conditions involving exposure to bodily fluids, infectious diseases, frequent high noise levels, and occasional inclement weather.
- Ability to work with chemical substances contained in cleaning supplies.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit woodgreencommunityservices.applytojob.com.