Parker Wellbore helps energy companies accomplish their drilling and production goals efficiently, reliably, and safely. Our global team supports oil and gas operators with innovative land and offshore drilling services, premium rental tools and well services, and advanced operations and management support. Founded in 1934, Parker Wellbore helps customers manage their costs and mitigate their risks, to achieve their operational goals in a safe and efficient manner. With experience in both harsh-environment regions and complex drilling situations, you can trust Parker Wellbore to get the job done.
This position is responsible for providing specialized support for the Company’s HSE policies and programs and maintaining compliance with applicable international, federal, state and local health, safety and environmental regulations.
Work with management to create HSE goals, priorities and key performance measures.
Oversee and monitor the effectiveness and quality of HSE programs in achieving the Company’s goals and standards; provides summaries of program effectiveness and maturity.
Analyze and interpret HSE periodicals, journals, technical procedures and government regulations.
Ensure there is an effective system for collecting, storing, analyzing, tracking and reporting HSE performance data (e.g. incident report findings, audit actions).
Provide guidance and training to HSE professionals on HSE programs, systems, incident reporting, and investigation procedures.
Conduct audits of Company operations as required in support of applicable HSE legislation, standards, and contract requirements for compliance of Company policies.
Schedule audits and inspections of the Company’s facilities, rigs and operational support locations.
Review audit and inspection reports; monitor completion of corrective actions and preventative actions identified on audits and inspections.
Track nonconformance’s found in audits; analyze causes, and determine and recommend process improvements.
Participate in risk management and HSE activities including risk assessments, audits, HSE Meetings and forums including on-site activities.
Conduct orientations for new and existing employees.
Visit work sites to ensure practical, cost-effective measures are in place, and that a safe culture exists ensuring employees are accountable and responsible for health, safety and environmental conditions and practices.
Implement systems for assessing competence in HSE job knowledge and skill requirements; establish requirements for HSE related training.
Maintain knowledge of and comply with applicable international and local regulations; verify HSE policies, programs and activities comply.
Participate in industry and regulatory seminars and conferences.
Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
Other duties and special projects as assigned.
- Ensure that personal behaviors and work practices are in line with Company safety standards.
Responsible for safety of self and others in the vicinity to include, but not limited to, employees, vendors and guests.
Provide visible leadership engagement, be aware of housekeeping and take additional safety precautions to ensure no one is put at risk.
Do not take short cuts or unnecessary risks and actively work with others to ensure they take due care and do not put themselves or others at risk.
Ensure all incidents are reported and appropriately investigated in accordance with Company procedure.
As needed, seek advice from HSE representative.
Necessary qualifications, skills and abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in health, safety, environment, engineering or relevant subject is required.
HSE Certifications preferred.
Should have at least 7 years of work experience in health, safety, environmental and regulatory compliance or equivalent combination of education and/or relevant military experience.
Working experience with an international drilling contractor preferred.
Must understand, interpret and implement applicable regulations within regulatory jurisdiction.
Must be able to understand and work mathematical equations.
Capacity to work effectively under pressure in ambiguous and complex situations.
Ability to work independently with multiple people at many levels and work as part of a team.
Professional relationship and interpersonal skills with strong customer service attitude.
Excellent time management skills to prioritize and manage multiple requests from various avenues, and the ability to change direction in response to fluctuating circumstances.
Must be able to problem solve.
Must be a self-motivator and work without close supervision.
Must be able to prioritize jobs and work under tight time constraints.
Must have excellent computer skill to include all MS Office products.
Must have good written and verbal communication skills and able to effectively communicate with staff, management, customers and vendors. Being multi-lingual is preferred.
Additional qualifications, skills and abilities
- Experience in a marine construction/commissioning environment would be considered an asset
- Required to meet all standards required for safe operations, including but not limited to the standards set forth in the Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers Atlantic Canada Medical Assessment for Fitness to Work Offshore as well as any other standards set forth by regulatory bodies having jurisdiction over the operations
- Travel to and from the work location may require extended layovers in unfamiliar locations by helicopter or boat
- Must be able to work a minimum 12 hours per day on a rotational schedule.
- Must be able to work in Canada and the United States.
- Upon hire, this position will be rotating to Ingleside, TX.
- Initiating & Driving Change
- Result Focused
- Team Work
- Customer Focus
Physical demands and work environment
- Ability to gather, analyze, and interpret data.
- Ability to work around moving machinery
- Ability to perform under stress, under pressure, and/or in emergency situations.
- Lift, carry, and move objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Operate machinery and/or power tools.
- Ability to walk on uneven ground (gravel, rocks, mounds, ice)
- Wear personal protective equipment, including but not limited to hard hat, steel-toed safety shoes, hearing protection, respirators, safety glasses, goggles and full body harness.
- Frequently stand, walk, stoop, kneel, carry, push/pull, reach, and use repetitive wrist and hand movements.
- Ability to ascend and descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, and/or ramps while carrying tools requiring a reasonable degree of physical stamina and agility and involving moderate to severe physical exertion
- Operate motor vehicles and/or heavy equipment.
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions (Cold or Heat)
- Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment, meet deadlines, reason logically, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to comprehend, remember, and follow verbal and written directions and comply with Company policies, procedures and standard.
- Ability to work in hazardous conditions (dust/gas/fumes/steam/chemicals)
- Ability to work at heights (scaffolding or ladders)
- Exposure to vibration (oscillating movements of the extremities or whole body)
- Ability to work in noisy environments
- Ability to work in small and/or enclosed spaces
- Ability to work as a team, communicate and interact with others in a professional manner, and consider alternative and diverse perspectives.
Consistent with the Accords Act, residents of Newfoundland and Labrador specifically and Canada generally, who are qualified, will be given first consideration for employment.
Parker Wellbore provides equal opportunity for all people and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
If an applicant has a disability, the applicant may request accommodations when needed to enable that person to perform their essential job functions or to allow that person to participate in employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.