City of Windsor
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
UNION: Non Union
JOB CODE: NU0006
POSITION STATUS: Temporary Full-Time
# OF POSITIONS: 2
RATE OF PAY: $52,303.91 – $63,575.74 Annually
SHIFT WORK REQ’D: No
- Reporting to the Manager of Employment and Consulting Services, this position is responsible for providing confidential administrative support to the Employment and Consulting Services team, inclusive of recruitment, organizational development, compensation and benefits.
- Responsible for collecting and analyzing information, drafting correspondence, proof reading, filing, photocopying, tracking invoices and distributing documents.
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with various stakeholders.
- Will be required to schedule meetings and training, prepare agendas, and provide minute taking and any follow-up.
- Maintain departmental and divisional email and calendars, i.e. receive, review and distribute.
- Assist various stakeholders by responding to public enquiries or routing to applicable department/resource.
- Ensure timely distribution and delivery of inter-office and external mail on a scheduled and as needed basis.
- Maintain and update job posting board and City internal and external websites for job opportunities.
- Generate and maintain statistical data from various human resources systems in order to assist the Manager of Employment and Consulting Services make operational decisions.
- Responsible for coordinating various programs such as Take Our Kids to Work Day, Learn @Work Week and supporting various committees. Assist in the preparation and development of training and e-Learn courses.
- May be required to travel and work outside of regular working hours on occasion to assist with the facilitation of training sessions at off site locations.
- Liaise with corporate department’s primary contact person regarding all training related matters.
- Assists with large recruitment initiatives and surveys as required.
- May be required to provide backup for the Administrative Assistant to the Executive Director of Human Resources on an as-needed basis.
- Will perform Occupational Health & Safety duties as outlined in the Corporation’s Health and Safety Program.
- Will perform other related duties as required
- Must have a post-secondary school community College Diploma in Business, Arts or Sciences or Ontario Ministry of Education equivalency and a minimum of one (1) year experience in talent acquisition and learning and development, providing administrative support on human resources matters, generating metrics and report writing;
- Must have recent knowledge in MS Office Suite of Products, learning management systems, human resources management systems, and applicant tracking systems;
- Must have a pleasant and courteous manner demonstrating excellent customer service skills exercising discretion, judgment, diplomacy and maintaining strict confidentiality;
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills with a sound knowledge of general office procedures and excellent organizational abilities;
- Must maintain a high level of initiative with the ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment;
- Should have knowledge of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, its regulations, and knowledge of the hazards associated with work;
- Experience updating SharePoint and PeopleSoft HRMS is considered an asset;
- Ability to leverage Adobe Captivate for the purpose of developing training courses will be considered an asset;
- The physical demands analysis associated with this job indicates a limited/sedentary level of work.
- Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged
- We offer a smoke-free office environment
- Personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, c. 25 as amended, and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
- The Corporation of the City of Windsor is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, the City of Windsor will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform the City of Windsor Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.
To apply for this job please visit cityofwindsor.applytojob.com.