Work with Us. Change the World.
At AECOM, we’re delivering a better world. Whether improving your commute, keeping the lights on, providing access to clean water, or transforming skylines, our work helps people and communities thrive. We are the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, partnering with clients to solve the world’s most complex challenges and build legacies for future generations.
There has never been a better time to be at AECOM. With accelerating infrastructure investment worldwide, our services are in great demand. We invite you to bring your bold ideas and big dreams and become part of a global team of nearly 50,000 planners, designers, engineers, scientists, digital innovators, program and construction managers and other professionals delivering projects that create a positive and tangible impact around the world.
We’re one global team driven by our common purpose to deliver a better world. Join us.
AECOM is currently searching for a Junior CAD Designer on a regular full-time basis, reporting out of the Burnaby office. The primary role of a junior civil designer is to work on water and wastewater conveyance projects in a supporting capacity, as part of a project team and under the guidance and supervision of project managers, engineers or specialists. A Junior CAD Designer will perform a variety of tasks which may include the development of CAD drawings and contract specifications, cost estimates, and technical reports. Though most of our work focuses on collaboration, there are some tasks that would require working individually to perform a variety of assignments which may include calculations, field work, and coordination of tasks.
- Preparing engineering drawings for municipal projects with AutoCAD / Civil 3D.
- Preparing plan, profile, grading, cross-sections, surface design for water, storm, and wastewater piping, and roadways design from concept to final.
- Understanding local regional municipal design guidelines as well as client and regulatory standards and requirements.
- Incorporating topographic surveys into the design and as-built surveys into record drawings.
- Providing technical assistance and input on linear infrastructure projects, including rehabilitation projects.
- Working collaboratively with Project Engineers, Technologists and Project Managers to assist in planning, design, AutoCAD/Civil 3D drafting, and preparation of construction plans, bid documents, technical specifications, and construction cost estimates in connection with a variety of civil engineering projects.
- Civil, Water, Environmental, or Design Drafting Technology program diploma + 2 years experience in municipal engineering projects
- 6 months experience with Civil3D, with an emphasis on municipal engineering projects, utilities and servicing projects and site grading
- Valid BC Class V Driver’s License
- Eligible for registration in British Columbia with the Applied Science Technologists & Technicians of BC (ASTTBC) or other technical accreditation is an asset.
- Minimum of two years of water and wastewater engineering related co-op, internship, or full-time work experience is preferred.
- Familiar with water distribution and stormwater and wastewater collection.
- Ability to read and interpret civil construction drawings.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Teams.
- Good communication skills and a willingness to work in a team environment.
- Relocation is not available for this position
- Sponsorship is not available for this position
- Offered rate of compensation in Burnaby will be based on individual education, qualifications, experience, and work location. The salary range for this position is $55,000 – $66,000.
AECOM is the world’s trusted infrastructure consulting firm, delivering professional services throughout the project lifecycle – from advisory, planning, design and engineering to program and construction management. On projects spanning transportation, buildings, water, new energy and the environment, our public- and private-sector clients trust us to solve their most complex challenges. Our teams are driven by a common purpose to deliver a better world through our unrivaled technical and digital expertise, a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion, and a commitment to environmental, social and governance priorities. AECOM is a Fortune 500 firm and its Professional Services business had revenue of $13.1 billion in fiscal year 2022. See how we are delivering sustainable legacies for generations to come at aecom.com and @AECOM.
Freedom to Grow in a World of Opportunity
You will have the flexibility you need to do your best work with hybrid work options. Whether you’re working from an AECOM office, remote location or at a client site, you will be working in a dynamic environment where your integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and pioneering mindset are championed.
You will help us foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion – a safe and respectful workplace, where we invite everyone to bring their whole selves to work using their unique talents, backgrounds and expertise to create transformational outcomes for our clients.
AECOM provides a wide array of compensation and benefits programs to meet the diverse needs of our employees and their families. We also provide a robust global well-being program. We’re the world’s trusted global infrastructure firm, and we’re in this together – your growth and success are ours too.
Join us, and you’ll get all the benefits of being a part of a global, publicly traded firm – access to industry-leading technology and thinking and transformational work with big impact and work flexibility. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.