Full job description
Full Time, Permanent Laborer Position
Canada – AB – Exshaw
Graymont is looking for a Full Time, Permanent Laborer Position at our Exshaw Plant located 15 minutes East of Canmore on Highway 1A. This job can lead to future advancements into mobile equipment or machine operators.
- Comply with and be a leader in all safety rules and standard safety practices
- Supporting the operation in various capacities. Material movement, and snow clearing, operating skid steers and other mobile equipment (training provided)
- Working on production lines, including heavy lifting.
- Work in various environments (inside and outside)
- Graymont is a 24×7 operation with the starting shift expectations: Monday to Friday, Overtime Pay as per the Union Agreement.
- We are looking for motivated people who excel at working in a team.
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Class 5 Valid Driver’s License
- Minimum Grade 12 Education
- Physically fit and ability to carry 50lbs
- Self-motivated, goal oriented, excellent communication skills, team player
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability
- Ability to adapt well to fast-paced environments with changing circumstances, direction, and strategy
- Mechanical experience an asset, must be able to pass Aptitude Test
- Trades tickets partial or full, or experience from oil rigs, welding, mechanics, mill rights and blasters.
- Mobile equipment tickets or experience, such as skid steers, forklifts, wheel loaders, railway equipment.
- Experience working in industrial environments
- Graymont offers competitive wages: Starting Wage $37.79+ / Hour up to $49+ with advancement opportunities
- Monthly safety clothing allowance
- Excellent benefit package, wellness program, and pension plan
Graymont is committed to maintaining a safe workplace for all employees. Pre-Employment testing is a requirement to ensure a healthy and safe work environment for all employees, including but not limited to: Fitness to Work Medical Evaluation, Alcohol & Drug Testing and Criminal Background Check.
Graymont operates as an essential business critical to the supply chains and operations of life-sustaining products and services in the communities we serve through the COVID-19 pandemic.
At Graymont, we make products that improve our world! Our lime and limestone help clean the air and water, address complex environmental challenges and are essential in the manufacturing and distribution of products we all use every day. What we do matters. What each of our employees do everyday matters.
To apply for this job please visit phf.tbe.taleo.net.