Who are we?
Based in Oxford and with offices in Canada and the US, Oxa is an international startup founded in 2014 and scaling up rapidly (300+ Oxbots and growing).
As the global leader in our industry, we’re fuelled by a bold purpose: to make the Earth move better. From passenger shuttles to industrial vehicles, our operating system for Universal Autonomy™ is transforming the way people and goods are transported by enabling any vehicle, in any environment, to operate autonomously — safely, securely and efficiently.
Our technology is capturing investors’ imagination. To date we’ve raised $140 million in our Series C investment round. Accommodating growing demand from new and current shareholders, this funding is driving our expansion in North America and EMEA , and accelerating the deployment of our technology in domains where there is both urgent need and potential to scale.
As an MLOps Specialist you will be responsible for designing and building cloud solutions to support the activities of machine learning engineers across the company. You will build tools and APIs to support ML teams in every stage of their ML workflows. You will champion automation of the entire ML lifecycle, covering data ingestion, model development, model training, model management, deployment, serving and monitoring.
On a day to day basis you will prototype tools and APIs to allow ML specialist to access cloud based infrastructure developed by your MLOps colleagues, iterating towards a production-ready service. In developing solutions you will carefully consider the skillset of the end user and design and document tools accordingly. ML team members will come to you as the authority regarding MLOps best practices and you will provide training in the use of in-house and third-party MLOps tools.
In addition to supporting ML teams with their custom MLOps requirements, you will form part of the MLOps platform team and contribute core infrastructure.
What you need to succeed:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in STEM subject with a focus on software engineering or equivalent experience.
- Deep understanding of software development practices.
- Experience designing python APIs.
- Experience working with ML engineers and data scientists or a basic understanding of ML principles and frameworks.
- Cloud platform experience.
- Approachable and able to play an intra- and inter-team supporting role.
- Excellent listening skills and proven experience of seeking feedback from internal or external stakeholders to improve technical solutions.
- Hands-on experience using typical DevOps technologies e.g. linux, python, bash, docker, kubernetes, jenkins
Extra Kudos if you have
- Previous role as an MLOps specialist
- Use of ML frameworks e.g. pytorch, tensorflow
- Familiarity with MLOps platforms e.g. Kubeflow, MLFlow, Tensorflow Extended, ClearML, VertexAI, Amazon SageMaker
- Experience deploying ML models in production environments
- Competitive salary, benchmarked against the market and reviewed annually
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Critical Illness Cover
- Extended Health Care
- Dental Cover
- Health Spending Account
- Personal Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
We promote an open and inclusive culture that empowers our Oxbots to bring their whole, authentic selves to work every day. Oxa is proud to be an inclusive organisation and, as such, we require all team members within our recruitment process to understand and deploy best practices focused on de-biasing the whole recruitment cycle.We also apply a neuro inclusive lens to our recruitment process and want each potential Oxbot to enjoy the best experience possible for them. Please share with us any individual needs or reasonable adjustments we may need to make in advance of commencing the interview process with us.
Learn more about our culture .
Why become an Oxbot?
Our team of experts in computer science, AI, robotics and machine learning is world-class, and together they’re solving the most exciting and important technological challenges of our times.
But as well as smarts, Oxbots have heart. Our diverse, multi-cultural crew is guided by a shared vision to bring the myriad benefits of autonomy to our customers and partners. And in a company that celebrates uniqueness as much as skill and experience, they do it with energy, conviction and a healthy dose of excitement, too.
If you are bold, creative and hyper skilled, come and create the future of autonomy with us at Oxa.
To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.