Municipal Worker 2 – Arenas
(1 Position Available)
Term of Employment:
Part-time, Seasonal (September 18, 2023 – March 1, 2024)
Rate of Pay:
Band 3: $26.34 – $28.94 per hour (Subject to CUPE 1015 Agreement)
Centennial Civic Centre
The Municipal Worker 2 is responsible for the operation and maintenance of the Arenas.
- Operate the Zamboni and edger to maintain ice surfaces.
- Daily custodial duties including operating an automatic floor scrubber.
- Mechanical checks of ice plant, boilers, etc.
- Maintain records relating to facility operations.
- General light maintenance duties, such as painting and construction.
- Participate in building safety inspections and maintain records.
- Report all issues and concerns with equipment, safety, vandalism, and supply stock.
- Learn a basic knowledge of facilities, in order to provide excellent customer service, answering questions or addressing concerns from patrons.
- Communicate with user groups to ensure facility bookings are kept on schedule.
- Setup and takedown of bookings
- Other related duties as required.
This position requires shift work Monday to Sunday primarily from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and 4:00 pm – 12:00 am with the occasional requirement to work outside these standard hours.
- Completion of a Level One Arena course is preferred.
- Must be in good physical condition to accommodate long period of standing and lifting up to 22.7 kg (50 lbs).
- Capable of operating maintenance equipment and hand tools in an efficient and responsible manner.
- Neat and presentable in appearance.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills to interact with the general public and facility user groups.
- Responsible, reliable, and the ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- A valid Class 5 Driver’s License registered in Alberta or Saskatchewan with an acceptable Driver’s Abstract is required. This position may be required to operate a personal vehicle for business purposes.
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check.
- Successful applicant must provide proof of qualifications.
- Applicants with international education will be required to include an Academic Credential Assessment with application.
September 6, 2023
Internal & External
The City of Lloydminster offers consistent working hours that afford a positive quality of life, a competitive salary/benefit package, and is an equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or require further information on this position, please contact us. All applications must be sent to the Employee Relations team and received by the closing date.
To apply for this job please visit lloydminster.applytojob.com.