Oxford Learning Centres
Part-Time Elementary Teacher/Tutor Wanted
Passionate about puns? Excited by literature? Eager to help elementary students succeed in all subjects?
We are currently seeking part-time teacher-tutors for a role in our learning centre at Oxford Learning Kingston. This position is perfect for anyone who loves working with students, enjoys teaching the ins and outs of language and social studies and is passionate about helping others build their skills in these areas.
Tutor-teachers at Oxford Learning do not have to lesson plan before class, as all lessons are pre-planned. Applicants will be fully trained in our proprietary philosophy and methods.
All Teacher-Tutors at Oxford Learning work during after-school and evening hours Mon – Thur (4:00pm – 7:00pm) as well as some Saturdays (9:00 am – 1:00pm). A commitment until the end of the term in June is preferred. Continuing through the summer is even better. Your students will love working with you, and being reliable is a must.
This role is in-person. You must be able to commute to this location. This is not an online position. Vulnerable sector screening is mandatory.
We encourage you to apply if you have the majority of the following requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree or similar certification in a relevant field
- Fourth and fifth year university students with extensive tutoring experience will be considered
- Teaching certification an asset
- Good knowledge of the current Kindergarten to Grade 8 curriculum
- Some experience teaching/tutoring at a Kindergarten to Grade 8 (or equivalent) level
- Strong English written and oral communication skills and ability to guide students’ understanding
- Ability to multitask and balance working with up to three students at a time
Responsibilities (Position Details)
You will work directly with students as an Interactive Coach with the following responsibilities:
- Teaching up to 3 students at a time at different levels
- Following the Oxford Learning methodologies and philosophies
- Filling in post-lesson notes
- Completing daily student communication updates
- Maintaining a friendly and professional manner at all times
Smiles, High-Fives & Happy Students
In this position, you will play a key role in helping students develop their self-confidence and self-esteem. The rewards of helping children overcome academic hurdles and realize their inner potential can be very fulfilling. You will be rewarded with smiling faces and high-fives during every shift. Other rewards of the role include:
- fun staff events
- ongoing training opportunities
- frequent check-ins and feedback
- company growth opportunities
- hands-on development of your teaching skills
Job Type: Part-time
Salary Range: $18 – $20 / hour
- Monday to Thursday
- Saturday availability
About Oxford Learning
Oxford Learning is a Canadian supplemental education provider helping students get better grades since 1984. Offering a full range of programs for students of all ages and abilities, Oxford Learning uses the science of cognitive learning to help all students develop stronger learning skills they can rely on for life!
Are you the superstar teacher-tutor we have been searching for? Apply now!
Oxford Learning Kingston
793 Blackburn Mews, Kingston, ON
Tel: (613) 384-7323
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the team at Oxford Learning Kingston. However, only those selected for the interview process will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit oxfordlearning.talentnest.com.