Why Join Norsat International Inc.?
We have an innovative and outstanding team of industry professionals who drive our ongoing success at Norsat International Inc. We strive to offer a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment that helps our employees expand their careers and reach their highest potential.
As a Product Engineer, you will be responsible for working with Product Management overseeing the process of introducing products to market to ensure they meet the needs of the satellite industry and managing the lifecycle of the products.
What You’ll Do:
- Meeting with the development team to discuss product ideas.
- Analyzing market and industry product trends.
- Determining product feasibility costs and return on investments.
- Compile technical specifications and create datasheets
- Developing design ideas based on customer interests, budgets, and market research.
- Determine testing requirements
- Collaborate with vendors to OEM products
- Overseeing production and ensuring that products conform to market specifications and safety regulations.
- Create and update Bill of Materials
- Create change requests, change orders and waivers
- Research, source and acquire OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) components.
- Interact with suppliers to ensure quality and accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- B.A.Sc. in Electrical (or Mechatronics with strong electronics skills) required
- Familiar with Bill of Materials
- Exposure to analog products preferred
- Experience with specifications writing
- Knowledge of RF fundamentals and design an asset
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation days;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 100% paid by employer comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, life & more (coverage varies);
- 4% RRSP matching;
- Up to an annual maximum of $2,000 per year professional development fund for designations and accreditations;
- 100% reimbursed for job-related training;
- On-going training available;
- Flexible hours of work based on position;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Employee Award Program;
- Plenty of on-site and street parking & a bus stop right in front of the office (bus 405, 410, 416);
- Leisure areas in the office, employees are encouraged to have some fun! (i.e., ping pong table, foosball, Wii, tabletop games, card games);
- Employee events & initiatives: company BBQs, field trips, annual summer event, free snacks events, lunchroom has free flow of coffees & teas.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for relocation, housing, transportation, or work authorization for the Internship.
Please note that benefits may vary by location and employment status.
Applicants must hold either a Canadian citizenship, Canadian Permanent Residency, or Work/ Study Permit. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for work authorization.
Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio, and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable satellite components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: VP of Sales and Marketing
Position Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary Range: 35,000 – 50,000 CAD annually
The Company values a diverse workplace where equal employment opportunities are available and commits to practicing a fair recruitment and hiring process in which all candidates are considered on the basis of their skills, abilities, and fit with the Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability.
More information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations, are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters please.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit norsatinternationalinc.applytojob.com.