Rocky Mountain Soap Company
Who we are
At Rocky Mountain Soap we are passionate about everything natural. We have been formulating natural cosmetics in Canmore, Alberta for 23 years. The Rocky team is at the heart of what we do, and our team is growing. Not only do we make high quality products that are good for you and the planet, we want people that want to make a difference too. If you love a healthy planet, care about natural ingredients, and want to work in a growing and innovative environment, then Rocky is the right fit for you.
The Production Technician helps to create high quality, non-toxic natural products through the completion of various production initiatives and continuous improvement processes. The Production Technician is responsible for ensuring the finished products meet company standards and daily shipping schedules. The Production Technician will set up, start up and operate the production lines and stage raw materials for production.
This is a full-time seasonal position working from our Canmore, Alberta workshop, working Monday through Friday from 8:00am – 4:00pm September to December.
What you’ll be doing
- Gain knowledge of Rocky’s product line, product codes and packaging
- Perform batch making process activities, which include loading and unloading vessels, transferring liquids and solids between vessels, charging liquids and solids to a vessel, monitor parameters, and complete related documentation
- Operate automated, semi-automated or manual work stations for mixing, pouring, filling, labeling, and packaging products
- Process returned bottles and other packaging through a cleaning and sanitizing procedure as part of Rocky Mountain Soap’s Sustainability program
- Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the line, work space, equipment and workshop
- Adhere to quality, company and government standards and regulations (Health Canada, NHP, Health and Safety)
Does this sound like you?
- You like to be on the move and are capable of handling physical work
- Comfortable lifting weight up to 50lbs (23kg)
- Excellent oral and written communication skills combined with strong organizational abilities
- Competent in basic mathematical skills
- Comfortable using measuring equipment (weights and volumes)
- Ability to organize, adapt and prioritize tasks in a rapidly changing environment
- Experience in a production environment is an asset (food prep and kitchen work are similar)
- Ability to work in a highly scented environment
What’s in it for you
- This position pays $19.00 per hour
- Significant product discounts
- Access to a dedicated Rocky coach to help you optimize your potential
- The opportunity to participate in Culture Club organized activities
- We are accepting applications for the Production Technician position until suitable candidates have been found.
- Eligibility: Candidates must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
To apply for this job please visit rockymountainsoap.applytojob.com.