Purpose of Position:
To manage all aspects of sales/service and market development for all GIW slurry and KSB non-slurry product lines within the allocated region, with the intent to grow company sales, profits, and market share.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop regional sales strategies, goals, etc. in conjunction with corporate strategies/goals, facilitates coordination of company processes and communication.
- Develops, controls, and ensures adherence to the region’s budget.
- Furnishes sales market forecasts and other reports/forecasts for the region as required.
- Ensures proper coverage of existing markets and those offering growth potential within the region. Manages all aspects of sales in the region, including user, contractor, and A/E levels.
- Assists in the training/development/evaluation of Customer Service rep/Distributor and independent reps and further manage them in developing appropriate strategies, goals, tactics, targets, etc. for the benefit of the region and the company.
- Expands “partnership” relations with customers by aiding in the development of blanket orders, stocking programs to support existing and future business opportunities, scrap buy-back programs, etc.
- Ensures proper follow-up of all active quotations to obtain quotation status and pursue the close of the sale. Use the relevant company tools effectively.
- Makes scheduled sales and service calls to all potential and existing customers with Reps/Distributors developing new and existing prospects. Provides technical service, as necessary.
- Identify potential areas of business and appoint dealers in the region to grow our business opportunities.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Business or Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of capital goods sales experience, preferably in the slurry pumping industry
- Knowledge of mining/utility markets
- Background in slurry pumps/fluids handling
- Knowledge or experience of selling through representatives/distributors
To perform all necessary sales functions within the given region; to include: directing the overall region sales effort, developing strategies, establishing price levels, assisting distribution channels in setting and managing local stock levels, and aiding in the selection and development of region representatives.
- Primarily desk-type duty
- This position will serve as a liaison between the business and the customer, so frequent customer visits will be required to maintain a good working relationship. While not at the customer site, the position will be remote.
GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. GIW Industries, Inc. (A KSB Company) makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.