Employment Type: Relief
Work Hours: Varied
Hourly rate: $20.83 per hour (L1)
Location: 66 Bergamot Avenue, Toronto, ON, M9W 1V9
Application Deadline: Wednesday, November 22, 2023
JOIN OUR TEAM
YWCA Toronto strives to uphold anti-discrimination practices and anti-oppression principles to ensure that the rights of all individuals are respected and protected. We work to promote a climate that is welcoming of all women and individuals who identify as Trans, intersex, non-binary, agender, and/or Two-Spirit. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people from all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
The Relief cook is responsible for preparing and serving meals and snacks for children in the Bergamot Early Learning Centre and for organizing and cleaning the kitchen and equipment when the Cook / Kitchen Administrator is absent.
ABOUT BERGAMOT EARLY LEARNING CENTRE
YWCA Bergamot is a 68 Unit apartment building with an Early Learning Centre in North Etobicoke for single women and women-led families in need of permanent, affordable, supportive housing. The Bergamot ELC is a center of excellence for early childhood development and licensed for 62 children ages 0 to 4. YWCA Bergamot demonstrates YWCA Toronto’s commitment to creating quality, affordable housing in which women and their children realize their dreams and move forward in their lives.
- Plans, prepares and serve meals and snacks for children in the Bergamot Early Learning Centre in accordance with dietary needs of the children and the Child Care and Early Years Act and in consultation with the Manager;
- Organizing and cleaning the kitchen and equipment;
- Responsible for unpacking and storage of food received including lifting heavy boxes;
- Prepares special event meals for special occasions;
- Maintains freezer and fridge with a high standard of cleanliness;
- Reports kitchen equipment problems to the Manager;
- Responsible for the inventory and ordering of food when coverage is required for more than a week;
- Maintains grocery supplies by ordering groceries for delivery or shopping if required;
- Ensures that the Health and Safety Guidelines are followed in accordance with the policies and procedures of the YWCA Toronto.
- A generalized education at the high school level, including training/certificate in public health standards for food handling;
- 1-3 years directly related work experience;
- WHMIS Training required;
- Experience working in a residential setting an asset;
- Understanding of food preparation requirements for Child Care and Early Years Act, Assessment for Quality Improvement and the Canada Food Guide;
- Knowledge of a second language an asset.
Posting Date: November 10, 2023
YWCA Toronto transforms lives. As the city’s largest multi-service women’s organization, we help women and gender diverse people escape violence, move out of poverty and access safe, affordable housing.
We work tenaciously to break down barriers that hold women and gender diverse people back from achieving equality.
Vaccination Policy: In accordance with YWCA Toronto’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, all YWCA Toronto employees, students and volunteers are strongly encouraged to obtain all COVID-19 vaccinations and booster doses as recommended by Toronto Public Health
Please note: A vulnerable sector police reference check is required by the successful candidate prior to hiring. YWCA Toronto is a unionized workplace. Staff are represented by CUPE Local 2189.
YWCA Toronto promotes the principles of anti-oppression and adheres to the tenets of the Ontario Human Rights Code. We encourage applications from women and gender diverse people of all races, ethnic origins, religions, abilities and sexual orientations.
YWCA Toronto provides accommodation during all parts of the hiring process, upon request, to applicants with disabilities. If contacted, please advise us if you require any accommodation. While we thank all candidates for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
YWCA Toronto is a Scent-Sensitive Workplace.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit ywcatoronto.applytojob.com.