Why Join Norsat International Inc.?
We have an innovative and outstanding team of industry professionals who drive our ongoing success at Norsat International Inc. We strive to offer a supportive, inclusive and nurturing environment that helps our employees expand their careers and reach their highest potential.
As a Systems Engineer in the Engineering Group, you will report to the Systems Engineering Team Lead. You will work with a multi-disciplinary team and provide technical oversight on system-related issues. The SATCOM products include microwave assemblies and portable/transportable terminals. You will play an integral role in ensuring the design of new products/solutions meets the overall system performance requirements and will evaluate subsystem performance and tradeoffs. Systems engineering includes RF/antenna performance, regulatory certifications, industrial/military standards, project costing, timing, assessing the impact of specification changes on performance, analyzing subsystem performance to ensure system-level performance is achieved, and documentation of technical specifications for system/subsystems.
What You’ll Do:
- Concept design and technical specifications for subsystem breakout given a system spec;
- Creation of system spec from components;
- Technical documentation (technical spec, verification, integration, ICD, manuals);
- Network design (hub configuration, detail design of earth station and remotes);
- In-field installations (antennas, earth station civil works, hub, rack equipment, commissioning);
- System design verification and optimization:
- RF component testing
- Test design/setup/execution
- Specific testing to support customer inquiries;
- Pre-sales support (creation of cost estimates and compliance matrixes);
- Link budget analysis;
- Communication/coordination with customers/suppliers.
What You’ll Bring:
- BSc. in a related engineering discipline (electrical, mechatronics, mechanical);
- Experience working with modems, SATCOM terminals, and satellite networks;
- RF knowledge is an asset;
- IT networks (LAN, WAN, sub-nets, routers, MPLS, VPN);
- Familiarity with the engineering design process;
- Mechanical skills;
- Electrical (power supplies, basic electrician skills);
- Strong troubleshooting skills;
- Technical writing;
- Customer-facing communication skills;
- Skilled in requirements analysis, design, and process improvements, and ability to interpret technical documentation;
- Experience in managing multiple work tracks concurrently.
What We Offer:
- Paid vacation days;
- 5 paid sick days;
- 100% paid by employer comprehensive health benefits package including medical, dental, life & more (coverage varies);
- 4% RRSP matching;
- Up to an annual maximum of $2,000 per year professional development fund for designations and accreditations;
- 100% reimbursed for job-related training;
- On-going training available;
- Flexible hours of work based on position;
- Employee Referral Program;
- Employee Award Program;
- Plenty of on-site and street parking & a bus stop right in front of the office (bus 405, 410, 416);
- Leisure areas in the office, employees are encouraged to have some fun! (i.e., ping pong table, foosball, Wii, tabletop games, card games).
- Employee events & initiatives: company BBQs, field trips, annual summer event, free snacks events, lunchroom has free flow of coffees & teas.
Please note that benefits may vary by location and employment status.
Applicants must hold either a Canadian citizenship, Canadian Permanent Residency, or Work/ Study Permit. Unfortunately, we are unable to provide assistance for work authorization.
Norsat International Inc., founded in 1977, is a leading provider of innovative communication solutions that enable the transmission of data, audio, and video for remote and challenging applications. Norsat’s products and services include customizable satellite components, portable satellite systems, maritime solutions, and network solutions. The company’s products and services are used extensively by telecommunications services providers, emergency services and homeland security agencies, military organizations, health care providers, news organizations, and Fortune 1000 companies.
Reports to: Systems Engineering Team Lead
Position Type: Permanent, Full Time
Salary Range: 45,000 – 70,000 CAD annually
The Company values a diverse workplace where equal employment opportunities are available and commits to practicing a fair recruitment and hiring process in which all candidates are considered on the basis of their skills, abilities, and fit with the Company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, ancestry, place of origin, religion, age, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, pregnancy, and physical or mental disability.
More information about our accessible workplace, including disability accommodations, are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Security Screening Requirement:
Norsat is a secure facility; thus, all employment is contingent upon the selected candidate’s successful clearance from federal security screenings, including Criminal Record Check.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
No recruiters please.
Powered by JazzHR
To apply for this job please visit norsatinternationalinc.applytojob.com.