About the Company
Our client is engaged in the exploration, development, and production of mineral resource properties throughout the world. They are looking for a Tax Manager to join their Tax team.
Why Work Here
- Fantastic compensation package with excellent pension, stock purchase program, and bonus
- Excellent culture and team at the company with very low turnover
- Great work life balance
About the Opportunity
- Management of the quarterly and annual provision process. Involves the preparation of the quarterly and annual tax provision working papers on a timely basis
- Responsibility to manage the process of filing the annual corporate income tax and information returns. Manage the coordination of information needed to prepare the tax return
- Manage controls over tax process to meet SOX requirements including documentation and assisting internal audit department with testing of tax controls. Responsibility to ensure continued compliance of SOX controls
- Responsible for managing the relationship with tax authorities and coordinating tax audits, as well as managing Deloitte, the Company’s tax advisors and EY, the Company’s external auditors
- Perform ad hoc tax related duties or special projects as assigned. This includes review of tax models related to potential acquisitions and budgeting
- Responsible for researching and staying abreast of tax changes and upcoming requirements and advising management on the impacts and appropriate tax strategy accordingly
- Additional duties as required
- CPA, CA designation
- A minimum of 5 years of related experience
- CPA in Depth Tax Course (Levels I and II) preferred
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of Canadian tax requirements and strategy
$130,000 – $145,000/year
How to Apply
Click the “Apply Now” button and follow the instructions to submit your resume. Please know that we only accept documents in MS Word or Rich Text formats.
When referencing this job, quote # 384734.
You must currently reside within the Greater Toronto Area and be permitted to work in Canada to be considered for this opportunity. A recruiter will be in touch with you if your profile meets our client’s requirements for this role.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.vaco.com.