Government of Nunavut
Type of employment:
$69,755 to $79,191 per year, 40 hour/week
$16,008 per year
Friday, November 17, 2023 – 11:59pm
This employment opportunity is restricted to Nunavut Inuit who reside in Iqaluit only.
Reporting to the Regional Manager, Materials Management, Warehouse Assistant (Assistant) is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities of the Materials Management Warehouse for Iqaluit Health Services and the Qikiqtaaluk Region. The Assistant will comply with and perform duties in accordance with all standardized procedures, practices and policies related to picking Qikitani General Hospital and community health center orders, air freight and sealift receiving, and other warehouse related duties.
The Assistant will fill retrieve, review, enter and print orders from Meditech and assemble order of supplies for requesting departments including checking expiry dates on all items which are requisitioned, to ensure that no outdated items are issued. The Assistant will also deliver to ward, hospital departments, or air carrier to community health centers as appropriate and obtaining a signature for goods delivered including keeping a record of all shipment made through the airlines or post office, e.g., logs of goods shipped and received and or copies of waybills.
The knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this job are usually obtained through a high school diploma, or equivalent along with Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHIMIS) training. The incumbent must also be able to obtain and maintain the “Airline Transportation of Dangerous Goods” certification and have a Class 5 driver’s license. This is a Highly Sensitive Position and a satisfactory Criminal Record Check, along with a clear Vulnerable Sector Check is required.
The Official Languages of Nunavut are Inuktut, English and French. Applicants may submit their resume in any of the official languages of Nunavut. Fluency in more than one of Nunavut’s official languages would be considered an asset. Knowledge of Inuit communities, culture, land, Inuit Qaujimajatuqangit, Inuktut and experience working in a northern cross-cultural environment are also considered assets.
Acceptable combinations of education and experience may be considered for this position. We encourage you to apply if you have equivalent years of education and/or experience equal to the education and experience requirements listed above.
An eligibility list may be created to fill future vacancies.
If you are interested in applying for this job, please email your cover letter and resume to . Please include the REFERENCE # in the subject line of your email.
- The Government of Nunavut is committed to creating a representative workforce; therefore priority will be given to Nunavut Inuit who self-identify as being enrolled under the Nunavut Agreement in accordance with the Priority Hiring Policy.
- Government of Nunavut employees serving a probationary period must obtain and provide written authorization from the deputy head of their employing department. The authorization from the deputy head must accompany your application for your application to be considered.
- Possession of a criminal record may not disqualify candidates from being considered. An assessment of the criminal record will be measured against the scope and duties of the position. This is only a requirement for positions that require a satisfactory criminal record or vulnerable sector check.
- Applicants may submit their resume in any of the Official Languages of Nunavut.
- Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
- The onus is on candidates in receipt of foreign post-secondary education credentials to have their foreign credentials
To apply for this job please visit gov.nu.ca.