2 vacancies for Animal health technicians at NVA Management Rose Valley Veterinary Hospital Inc. The position is full-time permanent employment and you can start as soon as possible if chosen.
You can earn as much as 18 to 25 dollars per hour and work up to 40 hours per week. Working hours include Day, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning and the job come with other benefits.
- Location – Gellatly, BC
- Salary – $18.00 to $25.00 hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment – Permanent employment, Full time
- Day, Weekend, Overtime, Flexible Hours, Early Morning, Morning
- Start date – Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Long term benefits
- Degree in medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine or optometry
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Veterinary clinic
- Animal hospital
- Handle, restrain and care for animals undergoing treatment and surgery
- Assist veterinarian before, during and after surgery
- Prepare and administer medications and vaccines under direction of veterinarian
- Administer treatments as prescribed by veterinarian
- Counsel clients on animal health care
- Produce diagnostic radiographs, collect samples and perform other laboratory tests
- Perform routine animal dental procedures and assist veterinarians with animal dentistry
- Provide nursing care and rehabilitation therapy for animals
- Provide wound and bandage care
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Registration by a provincial or territorial, or regional association as Registered Animal Health Technologist, Registered Veterinary Technician
Experience and Specialization
Area of Specialization
- Animal dentistry
- Small animals
- Emergency care
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Handling heavy loads
- Manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Fast-paced environment
- Standing for extended periods
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Ability to distinguish between colours
- Repetitive tasks
- Work under pressure
- Physically demanding
- Dental plan
- Disability benefits
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
Long term benefits
- Life insurance
- Other benefits
- Registered retirement savings plan (RRSP)
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- On-site amenities
- Paid time off (volunteering or personal days)
- Team building opportunities
- Parking available
- Wellness program
- Are you available for shift or on-call work?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
|Job Category||Canada Jobs|