Vacancy for Grocery store cashier at Bonanza Market. The position is full-time permanent employment and you can start as soon as possible if chosen.
You can earn as much as 17 to 20 dollars per hour and work up to 35 to 40 hours per week.
- Location – Dawson, YT
- Salary – $17.00 to $20.00 hourly for 35 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment – Permanent employment, Full time
- To be determined
- Start date – Starts as soon as possible
- Benefits: Health benefits, Other benefits, Financial benefits
- Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
- or equivalent experience
1 year to less than 2 years
- Willing to relocate
- Wholesale establishment/store
- Supermarket/grocery store
- Retail business
- Operate cash register
- Process money, cheques and credit/debit card payments
- Scan items
- Tabulate total payment for goods or services required
- Receive payment for goods or services
- Calculate daily/shift payments received and reconcile with total sales
- Suggestive selling
- Stock shelves and clean counter area
- Greet customers
- Weigh produce and bulk foods
- Monitor all entrances and exits, request proof of payment when necessary
- Participate in promotional activities
Experience and specialization
Computer and technology knowledge
- Electronic cash register
- Interac machine
- Price scanner
- Computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering system
Security and safety
- Criminal record check
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment
- Work under pressure
- Handling heavy loads
- Physically demanding
- Attention to detail
- Combination of sitting, standing, walking
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Excellent oral communication
- Team player
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Free parking available
- Learning/training paid by employer
- Are you available for the advertised start date?
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- References attesting experience
- Highest level of education and name of institution where it was completed
|Job Category||Canada Jobs|