Vacancy for a Sous-chef at Her Father’s Cider Bar + Kitchen, Harbord Village. The position is full-time permanent employment and you can start as soon as possible if chosen.
You can earn as much as 20 to 23 dollars per hour and work up to 40 to 50 hours per week. Working hours are flexible and the job comes with other benefits.
- LocationHarbord Village
Toronto, ONM5S 1G8
- Salary$$20.00 to $23.00HOUR hourly for 40 to 50 hours per week
- Terms of employmentPermanent employment
- Flexible Hours
- Start dateStarts as soon as possible
Other trades certificate or diploma
or equivalent experience
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Safe Food Handling certificate; Cook Red Seal Certificate; Cook Trade Certification
3 years to less than 5 years
- Cuisine Specialties
- Additional Skills
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food; Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory; Analyze operating costs and other data; Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances; Requisition food and kitchen supplies; Prepare and cook food on a regular basis, or for special guests or functions; Prepare and cook meals or specialty foods
- Work Setting
- Work Site Environment
- Odours; Hot; Non-smoking
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Standing for extended periods
- Ability to Supervise
- 3-4 people; 5-10 people
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Ranks of Chefs
- Chefs and Specialist Chefs Specific Skills
- Create new recipes; Prepare and cook complete meals and specialty foods for events such as banquets; Instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food; Supervise cooks and other kitchen staff
- Personal Suitability
- Initiative; Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Dependability; Reliability; Organized
- Screening questions
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?; Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?; Are you willing to relocate for this position?; Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?; Are you available for shift or on-call work?; Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?; Do you have education in this field of employment?
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Apprentices, Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
|Job Category||Canada Jobs|