To meet the demands of our rapidly growing base of satisfied customers, Employer details Canadian Plumbing Systems Ltd Surrey, BC is seeking an experienced Plumber.
This skilled craftsman would ideally have a variety of home improvement skills to support the growth of our business. Canadian Plumbing Systems Ltd is a locally owned and operated, well established Home Improvement Company dedicated to excellent customer service and quality work.
Salary: $35 per hour.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent employment.
Benefits: Health benefits, other benefits, financial benefits.
On the road job
Work locations may vary. Frequent or constant travel is required from the employee.
- Other trades certificate or diploma
5 years or more
- Various locations
- Read blueprints, drawings and specifications to determine layout of plumbing system, water supply network and waste and drainage systems
- Install, repair and maintain domestic, commercial or industrial plumbing fixtures and systems
- Prepare tenders and quotations
- Instruct apprentices
- Locate and mark positions for pipe connections, passage holes and fixtures in walls and floors
- Cut opening in walls and floors to accommodate pipe and pipe fittings
- Join pipes using couplings, clamps, screws, bolts, cement or soldering, brazing and welding equipment
- Schedule personnel, tools and equipment
- Test pipes for leaks using air and water pressure gauges
- Determine piping system requirements and pipe sizing
- Supervise other workers
- Estimate costs and materials
- Operate CADD and other computer software systems
- Measure, cut, thread and bend pipes to required shape and size
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical problems
- Repair and maintain boilers and heavy-metal products
- Work with minimal supervision
- 1 to 2 people
Certificates, Licences, Memberships, and Courses
- Plumber Trade Certification
- Plumber Red Seal Certificate
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Physically demanding
- Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Hand-eye co-ordination
- Handling heavy loads
- Large workload
- Overtime required
- Work under pressure
- Cellular phone
- Client focus
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent written communication
- Dental plan
- Health care plan
- Vision care benefits
- Transportation provided by employer
- Are you currently legally able to work in Canada?
- Are you willing to relocate for this position?
- Do you currently reside in proximity to the advertised location?
- Do you have previous experience in this field of employment?
- Do you have the above-indicated required certifications?
- What is the highest level of study you have completed?
Who can apply to this job?
The employer accepts applications from:
- Canadian citizens and permanent residents of Canada.
- Other candidates with or without a valid Canadian work permit.
How to apply
Here is what you must include in your application:
- Cover letter
- Proof of the requested certifications