VALS is glad to announce its annual scholarship to a deserving student based upon need, ambition, and merit. To apply, Applicants have demonstrated an active interest in entering the legal field.
The scholarship is designed with the purpose to provide the fund to students for the further his or her education in the legal field.
VALS was organized in 1962 and has local associations throughout Virginia with a membership of approximately 120 persons engaged in work of a legal nature. VALS, which is affiliated with NALS, is nonunion, nonpartisan, nonpolitical, and nonprofit.
- Award Amount: $4,000
- Deadline: April 1, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
The list eligibility criteria are; given below:
- Have demonstrated an active interest in entering the legal field.
- Have an academic record acceptable to the school or college chosen.
- Provide satisfactory statements from required references.
- Have a grade point average of “B” substantiated by an official grade transcript from the school where the applicant is; currently enrolled.
Instructions for Applying:
Application form can be; downloaded by the given link: http://v-a-l-s.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/2017-2018-vals-scholarship-application.pdf
You will be; required to submit the following:
- Applicant’s grade transcript, with cumulative grade point average computed.
- A typewritten narrative autobiographical statement on one page (8½ x 11) providing the following: date of birth, Schools attended, Employment history, School activities, Hobbies, Career goals to specifically include an interest/major in the legal field.
- A brief statement telling why the applicant wishes to pursue his/her chosen career
- A brief statement telling why applicant deserves the award.
- An evaluation of applicant’s abilities from a member of the faculty of the school applicant has been attending.
- Letters of recommendation from two (2) unrelated parties attesting to the applicant’s activities and leadership in the community; and a description of the applicant’s character, personality, and drive.
This year VALS will be awarding two $2,000 scholarships to a deserving student.